Please Read-addressing some things

Alright. I need to address some things.

First, a lot of people have mentioned that I make it sound like Alia thinks she is better than most black girls. And I agree. However, I didn't mean it that way. I started writing this story when I was 15. Back then people made fun of black skin and put down black skin. They still do, but the hate was directed at me. Therefore, I didn't want to associate with black. I tried to make myself seem "different" from the other black girls in this story by saying "I never wore weave" or "I'm quiet". Which are both lies!!

I'm sorry. Truly. I don't want girls thinking the same thing as 15 year old me and thinking it's okay.

Now, I'm more comfortable in myself and don't give a sh*t about what other people have to say. I'm a black woman. Periodt. I want you guys to know I edited the tone-deaf, self-hating 15-year-old Lauren out. I tried to make points being more clear and holding society accountable instead of hate myself.

This leads me to my next point. For some reason, 15 year old me was "bwwm" stories. Like I was obsessed with white boys. And they didn't even like me wtf. This is because, again, I didn't like my blackness. Now, I'm almost 18 and I honestly can't see myself falling in love with someone white. That doesn't mean it won't happen though. Yes, I still find some hella attractive and I would never limit myself to color when dating, but I feel like I'd connect more with a person of color (no, not just someone black).

Anyways, I think I might change Ben's inspiration photo. It's not hitting anymore. Don't worry, his character will be the same, but Ben I decided to make him Brazilian- his skin tone is on the browner side. I was thinking around Fenty shade #390 and Alia would be #440- look at the model's skin tone if you're really interested. But please, feel free to insert yourself into this story. And I seriously don't know how race and ethnicity work in the Latin world, but just say he looks brown and is ethnically Brazilian? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

After all of that, I'm not sure if this is an interracial story. Maybe an inter-ethnicity story?

And no, I don't fetishize inter___ relationships. I think I strongly appreciate them. Two people from different cultures coming together and learning from one another, bettering themselves, AND falling in love?? What's not to love. In saying that, I do love seeing people from the same background connect too. It's really beautiful knowing you've been through similar experiences just because of your skin, religion, gender, language, etc.

And interracial relationships aren't always a black and white couple. Wake up people!!

*updated*- I've been looking at the comments on the first chapter and I understand people are mad that I was being a pick me, but some of you guys are a little mean. Now, I'm all grown up, but there are people on this app who write here because they don't know how to navigate life and want to escape. You tearing them down and leaving snide comments like "this is where I leave" and "pickmesha" don't help. They make things worse. I did leave a comment saying I deleted all of the negative comments. I did this because that's not who I am anymore. That doesn't mean I'm going to be deleting comments willy nilly, it's just that was the old mentality of Lauren.

Anyways. The character is no longer Russian. He is Brazilian. Kim is not white. She is Asian. And Aleksei is now Ben/Benicio. I will be changing the photos later. I did update the writing on all chapters.

I'll leave it at that for now. I'll be updating soon! Love y'all

, Laur