CHPT. 04 After the Storm

余波

余波

.

The domain of Stormterror crumbled, forcing the heroes to fall into a stormy abyss. Paimon screeched, holding tightly to Aethers scarf as said male gasped in shock. A thud resounded, feeling several scales beneath them. Aether's eyes slowly open, greeted by a bright clear sky. The sun shines over them, causing his eyes to widen. A flash of a pair of dual-colored eyes appeared before him, causing him to smile at the odd reminder of his companion.

"Wait- Alastor?" He gasped quietly, before feeling a fiery sensation tingling in his palm. A blue flame floated on top of his hand, before vanishing without a trace. He blinked in surprise, before hearing a distant voice in his head.

'I'm fine. I'll see you once you in Mond.'

The voice clearly belonged to Aether, considering that the Contract Demon's voice was unforgettable for him. "Thank goodness." He murmured, sighing in relief.

"Hm? Traveler are you okay?" Jean asked, slightly confused as to why Aether looked rather relieved. She could have speculated that it was because they had succeeded, but something in her gut told her it was not that. Aether held an expression of a sort of joy that involved a person.

Aether shook his head with a smile, "Nothing. It's nothing Jean. I'm just glad that we succeeded and... I'm excited to see a friend of mine." He said honestly, a childish gleam in his eyes that made Jean smile. She found herself glad that the traveler found a friend that he could come back to. She already pictures him for losing his only kin.

"Is that so? Well, I hope you finally get to spend time with this friend of yours. You deserve a long rest." She chuckled, ruffling his head. Aether blinked in surprise, unaware that Jean had such a sisterly vibe to her. He smiled, nodding in content.

.

Patiently waiting by the gates of Mond, Alastor hummed a small tune. Aether was the last to arrive, compared to the three who joined him in the battle with stormterror. His heterochromia was masked with a crystal one blue, as his vision was turned similar to one of Monstadt.

His eyes lingered on a card that sang happily up by the cathedral, making a smile grace his lips. The soft breeze that held such melancholy, unnoticeable to others but himself was turned into the wind that sang in joy. People rejoiced as victory was theirs and the return of the east wind came at last.

Alastor couldn't help but be glad...

"Alastor!" He heard, turning his head to a pair hurrying towards him. Aether wore a bright grin, while Paimon zoomed childishly in the air. The pixie-like being zoomed into him for a hug, making Alastor chuckled in amusement. The calm soft breeze swirled around them, creating an air of comfort and belonging.