CHPT. 21 Storm to the abyss

失われた嵐

失われた嵐

.

'How long have I been stuck here?' 

He asked himself, drifting deep in the sea. His powers were suppressed further, neither could he move now. Was he never going to return?

Did death finally come for him?

He could only hope. Even without air, he was still alive. Nothing could kill him, even a god. That was what he despised about his eternal life.

His mismatched eyes could only stare at the fleeting light the sun shone on the sea. He had already drifted far from Osial's prison. Perhaps this was a good thing. After all, his counterpart was quite eager to torment that Overlord of the vortex. 

"Hey! Do you even know where we are?!" 

Time stopped, and Alastor released a long-kept sigh. He no longer felt the pressure water had pressed against him. It wasn't as suffocating as before.

In this timeless realm, the dominant feeling you could experience was being weightless. Wherever you were, you would always feel like floating, even if you were stuck to the ground. sighing to himself, he listened in on his counterparts constant rambling.

"I bet everyone thinks we're dead," 

Hyde commented, resting his arms behind his head. It was too quiet for his liking, even though this was something near-constant to them. Still, he disliked the silence. Jekyll however, would use the silence to his advantage and reminisce on their master's voice.

"Oi! Could you please talk? The silence is killing me!" 

Hyde complained, pouting at his counterpart. Even though he was the one whining, the one that could see where they were was Hyde.

"Quit whining... If you hadn't appeared I could have found out where we are. We sure as hell aren't near Guyun stone forest." Jekyll sighed, glaring at his counterpart.

"Why don't you make yourself useful and check the surface? You can easily do that, right?" He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. His body was too relaxed, as expected of them returning to this realm of theirs. 

The monochrome realm was supposed to be the contract demon's prison, but it ended up becoming his home, to say the least. He was most calm in this timeless world.

"Hmph! Alright, Alright!" Hyde exclaimed, floating up to the water's surface. 

Jekyll sighed tiredly, enjoying the small period of silence he was given. A few minutes passed, and Hyde returned rather frantic and baffled. Jekyll was close to sleeping at this point, but Hyde harshly shook him awake.

"Why the hell are we so close to Inazuma! There are literal lightning bolts raining on us!" 

Hyde yelled, startling his counterpart.