CHPT. 43 Crimson Ink

「 The name of the contract demon will be forgotten upon the end or severance of the contract

The name of the contract demon will be forgotten upon the end or severance of the contract. It is unknown whether the summoner can remember the name of the contract demon. This occurrence is rare, as most contractors and those around them who have met the demon seems to forget the existence of the contract demon itself.

Be wary of this when summoning the demon. I am one of the few who remember the demons involvement, however, his name, face, and voice are things I cannot remember. Be cautious if you wish to remember the demon.

Alastor hummed as he read the text of the book. It was not wrong and he was admittedly impressed that one of his contractors had remembered his existence to even write this book. However, the book was nearly three hundred years old. The copies of it were dwindling, as many mortals stop believing in demons and devoted themselves to the gods.

A part of him― most likely Hyde― had the narcissistic thought of how many people would have been willing to worship him had he become an Archon. He wondered if he would have taken over Mondstadt or if he would have been suited for the element of anemo. He doubted that.

Being the contract demon was no easy thing. He was the fourth eldest of the original heptagram and now as the current oldest after the demons of lust, greed, and gluttony died before him. The demon of war―wrath had died over 700 hundred years ago and his successor was still perfecting his skill as the new Ezekiel of the heptagram.

Their formal titles― names inherited from the originals to their successors. Alastor's title was yet to be passed on―Azrael. Such as the archons being named after the demons in his master's world, the heptagram were unknowingly named after angels of Earth's biblical history.

Zhi You of freedom was Zadkiel, the demon of war was Ezekiel, and the demon of envy was Gabriel. Then there were Jophiel of love, Auriel of wisdom, and Raguel of justice. These weren't their true names or the ones they wishes to use, these were titles given to demons who were the counterparts of gods.

The Heptagram had never referred to each other with their titles outside of official meetings. Those were rare nowadays. Alastor could easily remember when the original infernal seven would meet and simply complain about their gods. Alastor would notably one of the worst when it came to ranting about Barbatos's negligence whom the people thought was simple freedom, and how much he despised Morax with his heart.

He envied the demon of lust, love, and hydro. The original had once informed them of how his counterpart was quite friendly towards him, and now the Tsaritsa's counterpart had regularly spoke of how they got along. He didn't know whether he wanted to have a good relationship with his counterpart or not have anything to complain about.

The existence of the Heptagram wasn't common knowledge for mortals. Most of the Archons were already aware of their infernal counterparts.

He continued to read through the book, taking a long sip of the wine he purchased for himself. Aside from Snezhnaya's alcohol, nothing could beat the dawn winery's brew. Liyues wasn't too his taste, but it made him feel nostalgic of Earth's China.