CHPT. 15 An invitation from the Tianquan

招待

招待

.

"How embarrassing.."

Aether murmured, having been the one to break the news to the little zombie. Alastor was no help, he only stood there with a reluctant smile on his face.

The poor boy had to suffer embarrassment in front of the fatui since none of them could even afford the everlasting incense. The price itself made the blonde want to cry, he would be lying if he wasn't thankful for Childe's appearance.

"Aether, are you sure we should trust Zhongli?"

Alastor paused in his steps, frowning at the ground. He felt uneasy just being around the man, but he couldn't just let his personal problems disrupt this journey. It was important for Aether to find his sister, and it was important for Alastor to find a way to reunite with his master.

He suddenly felt himself gain a headache, muttering under his breath. No matter what he did, he couldn't easily function without his master. Even though he seemed completely fine on the outside, he was always unsure of every action he made without his master.

"Huh? C'mon Al, you don't need to worry! I made sure to bring some mora just in case." Aether laughed, dismissing the demon's worries. He didn't even notice the anguish in his partner's eyes.

Alastor could only sigh and nod, following the boy to third-round knockout. No matter how much he feared and hated it, he had to fulfill his contract.

Aether only saw him as someone, a friend to help find his sister, but to Alastor...

This boy in front of him... was only being used.

Aether and his sister... were merely the bridge that could reunite him with his master. Was it wrong?

"Yeah... there's nothing to worry about."

.

"Ah, you're here. There's no need to order, I've already done so." Zhongli smiled at the three travelers, gesturing for them to take a seat. He subtly glanced back at Alastor, his smile gradually becoming strained.

"Third-Round Knockout" is not for lightweights, like those taverns in Mondstadt. Here, the owner does not take such unorthodox orders as fruit juice."

Alastor flinched, having remembered that the owner of Monstadts most famous tavern enjoyed drinking grape juice over alcohol. Though he did give a deadpan once he remembered both Kaeya and Venti, known drunkards that could handle several bottles of wine. What's to say that Monstadt has lightweights?

"So, does this mean I can order wine this time?" Aether asked, a little hesitant to give himself the taste of alcohol. Alastor didn't mind either way since he was a heavy drinker himself, although he did so carefully.