CHPT. 11 Our dear consultant

葬儀顧問

葬儀顧問

.

"That Yaksha guy was really scary! And how can a ghost possess a ruin hunter!"

The group finally reunited with their resident Immortal demon, however, something was off about him. His calm and cold exterior had reverted into a childish and sly persona, matching the one he had when Aether and Paimon first met him. Even his actions felt different. However, aside from his tone and expression, Aether noticed another change.

His bluish hair was tilting more scarlet rather than the contradictory cold color. It brought out a different vibe on him that troubled the outlander.

"Xiao? Oh, that guy." He hummed, smiling wryly. His eyes flashed dangerously once the conqueror of demons was mentioned, not too enthralled at hearing his name.

"Does Al know him too??..." Paimon asked, her eyes conveying concern for him. It is true that she and aether were upset with his awful attitude to the adepti, but talking to Cloud retainer made them feel bad.

"The demon of contracts has despised those who hail from Liyue and rex lapis for centuries... We only know that Liyue was a land that abandoned him."

They turned to the contract demon, troubled with how different he acted. They were only separated for a few days, but Aether never expected a drastic and worrying change. It was as if he was another person, yet all the while he was the same. He didn't notice that Alastor had lagged behind them, smiling blankly to himself.

None of them knew.

Alastor walked in a path only covered in black in white. The only one he colors he saw was the other half that floated beside him. Blue and yellow eyes stared down at the three shorter boys and the floating girl, feeling slightly troubled with his decision.

"Don't mess up. I'm letting you take control because I need to deal with my frustrations."

The epitome of Alastor's greater evil, Hyde. In a world of black and white, the only color that could paint their world was red. He would do anything to paint their blank canvas, even if the only color he could use was crimson.

He had done so before, and he could do it again...

"I won't..."

He smiled to himself, his distorted voice slowly transforming into a normal sound of a human's speech. He smiled at his side, caressing the vision masked with magic. Its clock-like design was no more, but wings decorated its borders.

"It's not like I can do more than watch him." He hummed, his black and red gaze landing on Aether. Such an insidious smile, he could not stop himself from imagining...

Aether covered in blood.

"He's the key to our salvation."

"He's not the only one... We made a contract to watch over him. Don't forget that Contractor is also the same." Alastor hummed, glancing at Jekyll. The lesser evil sighed, turning into fiery red dust and disappearing from his sight.