CHPT. 16 The jade chamber

浮遊宮殿

浮遊宮殿

.

After the whole fiasco of trying to shoot Aether to the Jade chamber using a wind mechanism, and the big misunderstanding with the Milellit and Yuheng, the group of three were now back at Yujing terrace. There were little to no people, aside from Milellith and some of the Qixing.

There was an eery atmosphere, tension lingering in the air. Alastor had never felt such a thing within Liyue, that was because all citizens had blind faith in Rex lapis. But now that their benevolent god has perished, they had momentarily gone astray.

He thought, 'Without the tianquan, the citizens would have gone crazy. Causing disorder to the land.'

Order.

It was Rex lapis's catchphrase if he could call it that. Liyue was also known as the most orderly of the seven Nations. To see chaos reigning over it once their diety has gone, one could perceive this as the citizens being unable to move on without their lord.

It was something Alastor easily mocked. Another reason as to why Monstadt was better in his eyes.

"Excuse me, do you sell the moon here?" Paimon asked, hoping that Keqing's advice was useful. Thankfully, the man, Bu'yun, nodded eagerly to their words.

"Yes. How many would you like?"

"It's not convenient to speak of numbers here."

"Ah, well said. Please use this to ascend to the Chamber... Ah, yes. Speaking of which - are you three the guests that Lady Ningguang has arranged to meet with today?" Bu'yun asked as he gestured to the glowing platform beside him.

"yup!"

It was all it took for them to ascend to the Jade Chamber. By the platform alone, one could notice how high the chamber was in place. It could show all of Liyue Harbor, and the view on the chamber itself was most magnificent.

"Woah.." Aether whispered, turning to look at his surroundings.

The jade chamber had few soldiers guarding it, along with some secretaries rushing around the place. "To think someone other than the adepti and gods could achieve this," Aether murmured, completely amazed by the structure of the chamber.

"It's better that you treat this as a lesson. Humans can be extremely incredible with enough determination and a will made of steel." Alastor murmured, mildly enraptured by how grand it was up close.

It reminded him of someone in his past. A genius that was able to create machines and structures that were both beautiful and dangerous. A smile crossed his face with that thought.