CHPT. 28 Rex Lapis

すべての希望がなくなった

すべての希望がなくなった

.

Rex Lapis — Morax and Guizhong were the ruling deities of Liyue. The Guili planes named after the two. But no matter how close the two were, there was somethings that Guizhong kept from the god of contracts.

She smiled so brightly, singing to her glaze lilies as she ruffled silky dark hair. It made her giggle as he protested to the childish treatment. They saw one another as siblings, maybe perhaps more than close friends.

Guizhong did the unthinkable to humans. The god of dust, a beloved and worshipped god, performed something mortals and her own colleagues could never understand.

She summoned a demon.

A demon that was not known to many. An infernal being that was summoned for contracts. In the future, this little one would be known as the infernal counterpart of none other then Morax.

"Guizhong, what's Rex Lapis like?"

She would give him a smile to that question.

"He's a brash, prideful, and often reckless idiot."

She would say, startling the demon. But Guizhong continues, caressing the glaze lilies she had bloomed.

"But he has a kind heart. Even though he sometimes discards his common sense, and maybe he can be a menace — he is kind and fair."

Yue always wondered about the god of contracts. Often idolizing him. As the contract demon, he upholded Rex Lapis's philosophy. His contracts were fair, not a single bit of falsity. For a demon, he was considerate.

Ever since he was young, Rex Lapis's image was clear and noble to him. He was the only god that Yue could turn to for prayers. The one he believed to be righteous in his pursuit. Though a king of war, Morax was fair.

Or so he thought.

Guizhong's death impacted the demon and god of contracts. When her bloody corpse was held by Morax, the demon could not stop himself from running to her. 

His voice stuck in his throat, staring at the dead goddess of dust, as the prime adepti held her close. Their eyes met, and fear resonated across his body and mind.

"L... Lady Guizhong... Is—"

His voice gone, as a spear was impaled into his abdomen. The demon vomitted his blood, horrified as the blade was twisted painfully. He could not find it in himself to scream in pain, trembling as the god of contracts pulled back his spear, and plunged it deeper into stomach, until the blade pierced through his back.