CHPT. 39 Jade Moon

"Mu qīn

"Mu qīn." He whispered under his breath as the woman smiled thoughtfully at him. The fan she held closed and was pressed against his chin, raising his head.

"Yes?"

The boy blushed in embarrassment, as his mentor chuckled at his fluster. He hadn't expected her to headed him, but then again her senses were superior to his. She opened her fan again, and slowly walked away from where they had stood, her student following her eagerly. Her dull indigo hair swayed against the wind, bangs pushed back to show both her beautiful azure eyes.

"Ehem! Shi zu… will I have to train with Fuxi-nushi and Niwa-nushi?" He asked. He would have never admitted it, but he was frightened of the twins. Both were geniuses, and he feared the look they often gave him. Like he was a specimen meant to be sliced open and torn apart. He gulped at the memory, running a hand through his dark hair and tightening the ribbon that held it. His hair had gotten long, past his shoulders, and he thought of cutting it.

"Hmm... Not this time. I fear they would actually tie you up and experiment on you this time. Truthfully, I do not prefer my disciple sliced into pieces." She answered, making the boy pout childishly. "What about training with me, Yue?"

Shi Yue nodded in excitement. "Shi zu, I'll have to work on my Eminence essence, so I hope you won't mind." He murmured, but a bright and grand smile had graced his expression.

"Hm... No. You've mastered it well, you simply doubt yourself. This time, I will be teaching you another art. Something similar to Fenghuang Down." She suggested, leasing him up the mountain and away from the temple-like home they resided. Yue's eyes went wide, gawking as he followed her quietly.

"As a being from another world, and a demon, you are the one person who can mimic a divine key's power." She explained, offering him a hand, as she pulled him towards a clear space in the mountains. Fog covered what was below them, and Yue awed at the sight.

"The key to Fenghuang Down is sentience. Calm yourself and center your conscious and erase all distractions." She instructed him, tapping her parasol on the center of the space.

Yue followed her instructions, standing in the middle as his mentor circled him quietly. Her azure gaze narrowed every second or so, watching as he tried to follow all her instructions. She saw the calm wash over him, how he was at peace with himself. It made her smile.

"That is the first step to Fenghuang Down. Focus, concentration. It is a technique set on mental capabilities rather than combative. It's abilty is to manipulate one with illusions within the mind. Twist ones memory and mindset, a dangerous technique indeed. But I trust you." She declared, pausing right in front of him.

"Thus, with my faith in you, I shall teach you Fenghuang down, in hopes that you succeed me in the future." Fu Hua smiled, caressing his cheek with the back of her hand.