special ⤷ The shadow and the demon (2)

❝So it's time for them to meet again. Sigh- perhaps the demon would like to see deity again. Perhaps the shadow can educate the demon more!

Although it would be difficult for the two. What do you think?❞

(Part 1 in the other book.)

━━━━━━━

PART 2; THE DEMONS WORLD

━━━━━━━

Alastor lazily rested on the tree branch, humming softly to himself. Aether and Paimon were occupied with Timeaus, and he didn't want to get involved with that Alchemy nonsense. Even though he remembered a certain someone's fondness of the art.

Regardless, he sighed, completely bored as swung his leg of the branch. He was bored, and it would be. A few days would last for the issue with Timeaus's alchemy to be resolved. As much as he hated people taking advantage of Aether, he could not handle how boring it was.

But, as if his prayers were answered, he could feel the familiar sensation of a cold essence coursing through him. His eyes snapped open, turning to the eclipsing moon and he gasped.

"Wait... No way!" He shrieked, bursting into flames as he was no longer in Liyue, but by the edge of Dragonspines frigid lake. He could see the familiar process, and everything turned dark.

Except ― the stars shined far more brightly, reflected on the rippling water. He peerws over the lake, his breath hitching as he watched a familiar pair of silver eyes meet with his mismatched ones.

A grin graced his lips, and he felt like bursting out in flames from the joy alone.

"Astaroth!"

.

Alastor giddily lead the ancient god from another dimension around Dragonspine. According to Astaroth, not a lot was different from the Dragonspine of his world, aside from the infernal presence shirking the lands.

He expected nothing less from the god who's domain were chaos and darkness. Astaroth was capable of pinpointing the location of even the most discreet demons lingering around them.

"That is quite fascinating. There aren't much demons in our world, but I think it's been compensated to the stronger power of the abyss." Astaroth hummed, curiously watching as Alastor swung his arm violently and grabbed a being covered in black smoke.

"What is it's species, or what do you call it?" The god gestured to the being he had a grip on.

"This is a smoke faerie. Their element is a mix between Anemo and pyro, however they can mostly conjure illusions rather than fire and wind. The problem with these sly demons is that they have lead humans to dangerous situations." Alastor hummed, before his grip around the supposed faerie grew tighter, before it burst into smoke.

"There are times they disguise themselves as seelies. The unfortunate humans to think that they are being lead to treasure were guided to hilichurl camps or directly to abyss mages."

Astaroth raised a brow, before giving the demon a half-amused look. "How mischievous. It's convenient that they do not exist in my world."

"Oh, if they did?"

Astaroth smirked, leaning forward as his lips were mere inches away from Alastor's ear. "I'd have their shadows devour them."