CHPT. 12 How to hold chopsticks

別れの儀式

別れの儀式

.

Blazing fire danced around the once beautiful plains, two figures standing in the center of the monstrous embers. While the other raged at the demon in front of him, he yelled,

"Infernal being! How dare you enter this world! How dare you partake in the war of divine beings!"

A god.

A foolish god who underestimated the demon who has already slaughtered so many of his kind. Yet he continues to be arrogant in the presence of the demon, daring to point his blade at the cursed child. He was ignorant to the power of the flames, ignoring that his followers all turned to ash from it.

He did not acknowledge the power of the demon.

".... How troublesome."

The god's eyes widen in bewilderment, taking a step back as a pair of dead eyes landed on him. He flinched at the emotionless gaze, unnerved by how such a thing could make him falter.

The demon sighed once again, fixing his crimson gloves.

The god began to feel fear the moment his eyes fell on the gloves. He didn't know why, but it carried an ominous power never before felt in Teyvat.

He smirked, "It's a gift from my teacher. I was able to replicate something so powerful." He chuckled, his once emotionless expression now carrying a sense of insanity.

"Fenghuang..."

He murmured taking a single step towards his opponent. The god suddenly found the demon in front of him, his palm pressed against the god's chest.

"Down."

Ember feathers clouded his vision before he felt his chest become lighter...

It wasn't there..

His chest, heart, all the organs on his chest area were blasted off.

The demon's eyes lingered on the lifeless, yet unharmed body of the god. Clicking his tongue and chuckling cruelly.

"Trapped within a painful hallucination that makes you think you've died... Truly, masters ability is cruel..."

The demon smiled, taking the god's blade and raising it above his head.

With a single motion, the once unharmed and unconscious body became a decapitated corpse...