special ⤷ "悪魔が生まれた日"

❝Happy birthday to me.❞

 "悪魔が生まれた日" (The day the devil was born)

. "悪魔が生まれた日" (The day the devil was born)

. scenario; Samhain has come and Hu Tao is excited, but she suddenly comes across the devil.

.

All of Teyvat celebrated certain festivals on the last day of October. Whether it was to pay respects to the dead or the wear costumes to appease the wandering souls on the earth, all the nations celebrated on that day. Although it was also a rather troublesome day; domains popping up our of no where and certain monsters growing more restless.

Once during the archon wars, many calamities happened during this day. Be it a natural tragedy, or the superstitions of the blood moon and eclipse. October 31st was a day to be celebrated, whether it haunted the people or not. A day for the dead, souls that had passed on to come visit the living realm.

It was a day of festivities and danger, yet with the belief that the Archons and other immortals protected them from the monsters, they did not fear for their lives. None would not be adhered by the fear of monsters; especially the Wangsheng funeral director Hu Tao.

The younger funeral parlor squealed as the first sunrise of October first arised, she jumpes our of her bed, scurrying quickly to get ready. It was a special day for her family, especially herself as she did not hesitate to clean up the funeral parlor. Her employees still I the realm of Morpheus, but she escaped and excitedly prepared for the day.

It was already half past seven when the doors to her establishment opened, and a familiar man stepped in with a conflicted expression. Hu Tao noticed this, but shook her head and smiled.

"Good morning Mr. Zhongli! Happy Samhain!"

Zhongli paused as he heard the celebration. Usually, in the present Era it was reffered to as Halloween. It had been a long time since he heard someone refer to October 31st as samhain. He smiled a bit, nodding in acknowledgment before he noticed how clean the funeral parlor was. As well as the fact that Hu Tao was holding a broom and looked neater then usual.

"Mr. Zhongli, you know what Samhain is right? Not Halloween where some nations get dressed up and party like in Fontaine or Mondstadt. The old tradition, Samhain."

"Hm. Indeed I do. The boundary between life and death blurs and those that passed on can return to the earth for three days. I am impressed that you know of Samhain director Hu."

Hu Tao grinned, rushing up stairs to her room before she brought out a scroll. There was ancient writing and drawings on the scroll, and Hu Tao's eyes glittered at it.

"Don't be silly! Of course I know about Samhain. It's the day that the living and the dead can interact without consequences! Last year I was able to speak to my grandpa, and this year I can do that again!"