CHPT. 14 Everlasting Incense

永遠のお香

永遠のお香

.

The three walked up the stairs, (Paimon floating), to Bubu pharmacy. Once again, Zhongli noticed that Alastor distanced himself from him. He felt disheartened for some reason, though he did not show this. It wouldn't be good on his image to sulk about something even he could not understand.

"Huh, the reception is deserted. And it seems kinda spooky in here...Hello? Is anybody there?" Paimon stated, searching for even a single worker inside the pharmacy.

Alastor's senses tingled, his eyes darting to the supposedly empty reception. A weak sense of Adeptal energy and a soul determined to stay in the mortal realm. He only knew one being in Liyue to have such a presence.

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy."

Paimon yelped in fright, startled by the mysterious voice. However, Alastor who she hid behind, found himself smiling a bit. One immortal was residing in Liyue that he was reluctantly fond of.

"D-did you hear that? Wh-Where did it come from?" Paimon stuttered, clinging to Alastors arm.

"The reception, it seems." Zhongli mused,

"A-Aether", how about... you go check it out, and... Paimon will bring up the rear." Paimon insisted, forcefully pushing Aether to the reception. As they neared the reception, they leaned down to see a child with lavender hair, magenta eyes, and a talisman hanging from her hat.

"Oh, there you are! But you can't even reach the counter!" Paimon sighed in relief, however that relief was outlived once the sentence left Aether's lips, "Is she... a zombie!?"

Paimon exclaimed loudly, "Ah... Paimon thinks you might be right! Look at the talisman on her forehead!" she pointed at the yellow talisman on the little girl's forehead,

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy. I am Qiqi. Once upon a time, Qiqi died. Then, Qiqi was saved by the adepti. Now, Qiqi is a zombie." the little zombie now known as Qiqi nonchalantly explained, paying no mind to the mildly horrific tale.

Alastor sighed, displeased with the little girl's origins. He already knew of it since news of a mortal involved in the crossfire of an Adepti battle had died. When he found out it was an innocent child that perished, Worse came to show.

"Such nonchalant delivery for a bombshell revelation..."

"Something like this would be unimaginable in Mondstadt..." Paimon murmured.

"That's due to the few incidents between mortals and immortals in Monstadt. Liyue had experienced numerous battles that killed many unfortunate humans due to the Adepti and Rex Lapis's enemies arising. The people here have experienced an unimaginable loss of mortals."