CHPT. 24 Phoenix feathers

残り火の羽

残り火の羽

.

     A demon was born, and contracts were made. Yet my delusion of an angel watching turned to reality.

The contract demon was well known among the people of Monstadt and Liyue, even catching the attention of gods.

Especially the god of contracts.

The demon hummed dangerously, slicing of a monsters head. He could careless of how horrifying it was, as he snapped his fingers and burned it's remains.

The time of day neared, making him smile and rush to a secluded area that no one dared to come near. It was said to be haunted and guarded by a monstrous being, but that was just his feeble attempt at placing a barrier.

He had been the contract demon for two years now, and has gotten used to his new lifestyle... However, he was annoyed of having two personalities that were quite opposite to eachother.

Nevertheless, he was still him.

"My lady?"

As the world lost its color, he was once again in his prison. A place where he could not leave until he needed a contract to be formed. Though, his question remained. Why did the gods choose to do this to him?

If it weren't for a woman close to being a celestial, from outside of this world, he would have went insane... Not that he kept all of his sanity.

"Yue."

A wide smile formed on his lips, coming face to face with a beautiful woman. Her eyes gazed right into his soul, as her smile brightened his world.

She was his angel, the light to his dark world. The one person who accepted him after becoming the demon he now was.

His salvation.

"Your back! How are Miss Fuxi and Miss Nua?" He eagerly asked, wondering about the pair of sisters that his master spoke fondly of.

Her white hair with red tips slowly turned into a bluish-purple, her scarlet eyes turning into a similar color as his right eye.

"They are alright, though Fuxi is upset that she cannot meet you... Yet."

"Lady Fu Hua, do you really believe I can leave this world?"

His doubt was immense, causing the immortal to frown at him. She knew well of the misery he was in, caressing his cheek as he gave her a small smile.