CHPT. 32 Specters from the past

Alastor silently worked through the library of favonius, frustrated that the books were clearly ignorant to the history of Mond

Alastor silently worked through the library of favonius, frustrated that the books were clearly ignorant to the history of Mond. Well, how could they not? The darker side of freedom, Mond's demons were erased from history by his own hands.

This was entirely his fault, considering how very few knew of the monsters that lurked in Mond. His presence was like the Cerberus to the gates of the underworld, none dared to cross him and he never allowed anyone to pass.

These infernal beings―like him yet not―he burned them to ash every time their presence tainted Mondstadt. He was there to protect the city of freedom from the darkness that Liyue's adepti desperately tried to push back. He waa alone in this, and not even the Anemo Archon could do much help.

He scoured the books, thankfully, Jean had anounced that the library was off-limits when he was inside. There were complaints but he didn't care for them, he needed to think without any interruptions.

"Jean."

The grandmaster looked up to see the infamous contract demon, slightly anxious as to why he personally seeked her out. But the notebook in his hands was the questionable object.

"Your books are useless."

Jean flinched as the notebook slapped her desk.

"So I decided to write you a full instruction manual and a codex of information about the demons I know of in Mond. I'll write another about all demon kinds in Teyvat. But remember, not all of them are violent barbarians and evil monsters."

Alastor explained, leaning on the desk as Jean hesitantly opened the black notebook. Her eyes widened in surprise.

It was absolutely detailed. Information on the kinds of demons, descriptions, and even vague drawings that could be referenced to their appearances. There was even certain history about how they originated and what provokes them. It was a surprising to know that it only took Alastor a week to finish the book.

"Also... I guess your girlfriend would appreciate me for that." He snapped his fingers while jean blushed profusely.

A burst of magnificent flames swirled around the room, and Lisa Minci appeared within a second. She look disheveled for a bit, and shocked to see herself, not in Cat's tail but in Jeans office.

"Hello Miss Minci. I just wrote a book about demons. Care to read?" He smirked, and the librarian grew speechless while Jean was covering her red face.

"O-Oh... Well there goes my cocktail." Lisa whispered, sighing as she strided towards the flustered knight. She easily snatched away the notebook, plopping on the couch. Silently, her eyes would widen for a moment, before a smile graced her lips.

Clearly, she was enjoying herself as she read through the awfully details book. Although she would often linger on a page and wonder what the demon was like. The drawings weren't as detailed as the written descriptions, but that could be fixed by their dear alchemist.