CHPT. 20.5 Farewell, Gnosis

これはあなたのせいです!

これはあなたのせいです!

.

With every step he took to find the funeral consultant, Aether's body grew heavier and heavier. The hand that once held his sword violently shaking, his expression turning dark. The clouds seemed to contradict his anguish, as the sun's light swept across Liyue. A new day has come, and Osial has been defeated.

Little by little, he felt himself breaking. Grief consuming him whole, as Liyue celebrated it's victory. Yet all of them were ignorant to the true reason why they succeeded.

Paimon did not show herself, hiding in who knows where. The little fairy having wept till no tears were left, her scream filled with anguish as she continued to wait for their infernal companion. Yet he never came. There was nothing left, not even the red cloak they had bought for him. Not even the unique vision that hanged by a chain.

There was nothing left of Alastor.

The fatui standing guard of the Northland bank readied there weapons the moment they saw him. Only to freeze in fear as they gazed back at golden eyes, not filled with the excitement and determination they were told of, but with bloodlust and sorrow.

They couldn't move. Their bodies frozen to the ground as the outlander ghosted past them. A sensation running down their bodies, until one shook themselves awake.

"You cannot enter-"

The agent fell to the ground as a sword was pointed to their neck. A trickle of blood staining the cloth, though it was not enough to kill him. However, it left him trembling as Aether did not hesitate to draw his blade.

"..." The outlander said nothing, pushing the doors of the northalnd bank open, as Paimon reappeared with a tear stained face.

Noticing how her companion was also in dispair, she did not hesitate to wrap her arms around him, sniffling. She cried silently, unable to comfort Aether, as she too was in grief.

The moment those doors opened, the three speaking turned their eyes toward him. One gaze filled with interest, one with surprise, and the other could not look him in the eyes.

"Well, well, well. You've finally arrived."

Signora smirked, though beneath her mocking gaze was a complicated emotion. The news of the contract demon falling to the sea, using his chains to draft Osial back to his seal fell upon her ears. She knew of him, aware of who he was and what he had done, he was an enemy. Yet she felt this sense of curiosity.