13

Sana waits with bated breath for Rishab's return. She wanted to ask him about François. Her brain is telling her Rishab is a thief who might have killed François. It is quite possible as she still knows nothing about him. He is so mysterious afterall. But her heart does not trust her brain. Rishab might not say much about himself, however he can't possibly be a thief or murder.

Rishab didn't return the same day and not the next day. There was no news of him for the next two days. Sana's biggest fear of losing Rishab has started to become reality now. Her housekeeper, Madamé Camille that night combed her hair and tied into two cute braids. She kisses her forehead and says,"Don't worry, he will return soon."
Sana looks at her, "What if he does not return? What if he is liar who played with my emotions? I still know nothing about him."
Camille smiles,"I am old and experienced enough to understand who is good and bad. I don't think he played with your emotions. I have seen true love in his eyes. L'amour vrai.(true love) And if he doesn't come back or is a liar, then we both will find him and he has to answer to me.."
Sana smiles as Camille leaves whispering good night.

It must be nearly midnight when Sana feels a touch on her cheek. She opens her eyes to see Rishab's face. She puts her arms around him and pulls him into a hug.
"Where were you? Why didn't you return earlier? Tell me?", she asks sitting up on the bed.
Rishab sits beside her and says,"I was making some arrangement. Sorry I could not return earlier or call you back. Listen, we need to leave now. We have to take a car to Barcelona. From there we will take a train to Rome."

Sana stares at him and he smiles,"I know it's surprising for you. But I have planned everything. We will visit a lot of places. We will go to Belgium, Greece, Austria..You will love it..Baby get ready..We. "
"Are you hiding something from me?", she asks.
Rishab cups her face,"What? Why are you asking such questions?"

Sana pulls out the paper and puts it in front of him. Rishab takes it from her and goes through the report.
"François is dead? I had no idea."
"His paintings were stolen and he was left dead in his own home the night of the party. The same one where we had been, the same night we were there. I was the woman he was last seen that night before he died. His cameras were not functioning. Don't you think these are strange instances?", she says.

"Coincidence. That's all. You forget him. It's good that he died. He was a bas***.", he says.
"Tell me Rishab is everything just coincidence? Your Paris trip, meeting François, he ending up dead and us returning the same night. Fine tell me what was your business with him? ", she asks.
"I don't know if everything was coincidence or not. My business was to sell him a painting that I handed him the very night. I am not a murder if that's what you think I am. Now Baby don't waste time. We need to get out now so that we can reach Spain by morning.", he says getting up.
He goes to her wardrobe and pulls out her bags.

"What is the hurry Rishab? You are acting as if you are running away. Is this decision of leaving France just a coincidence too?", Sana says going after him. She pulls his shirt and asks,"Why are you lying to me? Why? What are you hiding?"
Rishab looks at her and stays silent.
"Please Rishab tell me."
He remains quiet as she starts reading up, "So you won't say anything. Actually you never loved me. I was a fool to believe you. I am not going anywhere. You can leave on your own."

Rishab nods his head,"Fine. You can stay here. I will leave now."
"Rishab..So it's true then. You never loved me..", Sana says as tears roll down from her eyes.
Rishab takes a deep breath,"Yes Sana. It's true that I have lied to you. Everything about me is a lie. But one thing that's true is my love for you. I am not supposed to say anything to anyone. I am not supposed to fall in love. But I did. I couldn't stop myself from falling in love with you. "

Sana grabs his collar, "If you love me then why these lies? Tell me everything."
Rishab looks at the window and says,"I can't. Not now. I am committed to my work which prevents me from telling you everything. It has prevented me from having a normal life. But I am leaving everything for us."
Sana looks into his eyes trying to find the truth in them, "Please tell me everything. What work is this?"