26

A guy walks through the narrow lanes. He is a young man in his early 20s. He is of average height, fair with light brown eyes and light stubble. He wears a plain striped white shirt, grey pants and slippers. He is nervous as he constantly looks back to check if he is being followed or not. He reaches a small tin roofed house and knocks at the door in a particular pattern. Two continuous knocks then a single and then three consecutive ones. The door opens and he gets inside.

The room inside is a small one with no furniture but two mattresses folded and placed at the corner.
"Kya hua? Why are you huffing?", asks a strong man in a vest and trousers. He has a beard, long hair and a mole on his nose.
"Imran bhaijaan, I felt someone was following me."
Another man in a cream pathani suit comes out from the next room, "Why did you come here then? Idiot."
He looks vicious with sharp eyes, pointed nose, full beard and curly hair.
"No Jia bhaijaan, no one is following me, I just felt.."
"Faizal and others are dead. We need to be careful. Have you got it?"
"Yes."
He hands over Jia a plastic bag, who is about to take something out of it but stops when they hear another similar style of knock at the door.

"Who is at the door now?", Imran asks.
Jia immediately goes inside and pulls the curtain. Imran signals the other guy to open the door. He does after little inhibitions. Outside in the darkness stood two men. They both wear black pathani suits. The one standing in the front is tall, with broad shoulders and strong biceps. He has a beard and wears surma or kohl in his eyes. The other man is younger to him. He is fair, average in health and height.

The young man at the door asks,"Ji, kise chahiye?"
The man standing at the front smirks and says,"Andar jo hain, unhe bola denge. We have knives to show him."
"What do you mean? We both live here. Nobody else is here. Go away."
"Zaheer? Is he here? He knows us. We want him.."
The young guy stares at him, "I don't know anyone by that name. Leave now."
He attempts to close the door but the man outside puts his hand on it and prevents him from doing it.
"Kya kar rahe ho? Leave, I said."
The man pushes him with force and he falls down. The two men get inside and close the door.

They turn to find Imran pointing a gun at them.
"Kaun ho tum log. Marne ke liye aaye ho?"
"No.. marne nahi, maarne aaye hain."
And instantly the tall man grabs the nozzle of the gun and pulls it. Imran takes one or two steps ahead and the guy brings out a knife and stabs it on his shoulder. His blood comes out and he holds his shoulder. In the meantime, the young guy had got up. The other man who had entered the room grabs the collar of the young guy and kicks him on his stomach.

The tall man pulls away the gun from Imran's hand and points it at his temples.
"Janab, hum aap se izzat se pooch rahe hai aur aap hain ki bandhuk dikha rahe ho? Not fair. This is not the way to treat your guests. Zafar, are you ok."
He turns to find the young guy on the floor unconscious and his friend standing beside him, nodding his head.

He smiles and says in a loud voice, "Hello! Koi hai andar? Jia shahab, come out. There is no other way out of here. So, stop wasting our time."
He shoots at Imran's feet and he screams in pain. Zafar ties a zip tie on Imran's wrists as the tall guy walks towards the door and removes the curtain.

He comes face to face with Jia who points at his face.
"Kaun hai tu?"
"Tera baap!"
Like a flash, he pulls the gun and disassembles it and throws it on the floor. He grabs his neck and pulls him down and knees him on his head. He holds the back of his neck and slams his head on the wall repeatedly till he is bloodied. He clutches his neck and puts his head inside a drum filled with water. He tries to break free but the hold on him is strong.
"Aman bhai, enough. He will die."
Aman looks at Zafar and smiles, "Relax brother, he is not dying so easily."
He grabs his hair and pulls back, "Chal welcome ache se hua, now start talking."