21

"And how do you think he will prove that? By getting arrested or killed by a bullet from police or the army? How?", they hear a voice.
They turn towards the door and he stands there pointing his gun at Sidharth.

Sidharth smiles and stands up, "And you think you will save me from them by putting that bullet inside me first?"
Shalini too stands up and wiping her eyes says,"Put that gun away now. Or else.."
"Or else what? You are hiding a criminal here and you are giving me warning.", he screams.
Sana comes to the front, "Sidharth is not any criminal."
"Says who? A girl who herself was deceived by this man. You hardly know him and still.."

Sana looks at Sidharth and says,"Yes. I fell in love with a stranger, knowing all the risks. Yes, he had secrets. He had lied to me. But everything was for a greater good. I trust him. When you love someone truly, you need to have faith. Why can't you show some trust too? Afterall you are his brother."
Shantanu nods his head,"I should trust him but no matter how much I try, I can't. Sid, surrender yourself. It will be better for all of us."
Shalini comes in front of Sidharth,"Shaan, you have to fire your gun at me, before you can touch him."
Sana nods her head,"You have to kill us, before you can touch him."

Sidharth starts to laugh,"Ladies, please relax. I can take care of him all by myself. The person in front of us is only my younger brother."
He waves his hand, "Hi bro! How are you?"
"Shut up Sid!", says Shantanu.
"Arey! We are meeting after such a long time and you are giving me cold shoulders. This is rude Shaan."
"So what do you expect? Should I hug you? Welcome you home with open arms?"
Sidharth comes to the front, "Why not? Shaan, ek minute ke liye tu sab bhul nahi sakta? Forget what you saw. Forget what people say about me. Can't you just remember we are brothers?"

Sidharth slowly takes a few steps to go near him,"We have grown up together here, in this house. We loved and cared for each other so much. Remember, we had promised to have.."
"Each other's back.", Shantanu completes.
"Hamari yaari pe
Kurban jayenga hum.
Ek dusre ki khushi ke liye
Khuda se bhi lad jaenge hum.
Hum do jism, ek jaan hai.
Marte dum tak.. "
"Yeh wada nibhayenge hum..", Shantanu completes.

Shantanu was lost in thought and immediately Sidharth grabs the gun and snatches it away from his hand. In an instant, he releases the magazine and dismantles the gun into pieces and puts it on his brother's palm.

"What the f***?", Shantanu says.
Sidharth pulls his brother into his arms for a tight hug, "Language bache, mom is here."
"Shut up! What did you do?", he says looking at his hand while trying to release himself from his hug.
Sidharth suppressing his laugh,"I still hold the record in the academy to dismantle and assemble any rifle or gun. Just showing you my talent. I gather, you didn't like it."
Shantanu finally pushes him away and tries to punch him but Sidharth moves away, avoiding the contact.

"Shaan! Stop it!", Shalini screams.
"I hugged you and you are hitting me? Not fair."
"Shut up Sid! I 'll not spare you."
He again throws a punch and Sidharth defends himself.
"Oh mere boxing champ! Using moves on me? I used to lose to you earlier, but guess what, I have learnt to defend."
And he gets a hit on the jaw as Shantanu gives him an uppercut.
"Shaan stop it.", Shalini tries to intervene.
"Woah! My jaw! Shaan. How much angry are you with me?"
"Too much! How could you? We are Shekhawats. Our family is known to serve the country."

He throws another punch but Sidharth holds it, " Are you sure I haven't served my country enough?"
Sidharth now punches him in his abdomen and Shantanu takes a step back.
"Sidharth, enough now. Both of you stop fighting.", Shalini keeps saying.
Sana just stands silently as she knows it is no use telling them to stop. They need to fight it out, give a way to anger that they had kept inside them.
"I have trained quite well in boxing . Told you, not losing this time, chote."