2

It starts to rain again by evening. Sana sits by the window of the living area by the reception, looking at the drizzle outside. She is still thinking about Rishab. He seemed to be such a nice guy when he talked to her in the morning over tea. But she still does not know why she finds him enigmatic. Rishab enters the reception area. Sana looks at him as he removes the hood of his jacket and runs his fingers through his wet hair. He without looking at anybody, climbs the stairs to go towards his room. Sana thinks for a minute and getting up from his chair, she goes into the kitchen.

After few minutes there is a knock on the door. Rishab who was looking into something inside the backpack, stops. The contents of the bag are on the bed. He hurriedly puts everything inside when suddenly something fall on the floor making a loud thud. He immediately picks it up and puts it inside the backpack and places the bag inside the wardrobe. He opens the door to find Sana standing outside with a tray. He smiles at her and asks,"You? Here?" Sana asks,"Can I come in?" Rishab steps away from the door, allowing Sana to enter the room. She places the tray on the table and says," I saw you entering. You were all wet so I thought I will bring you cup of hot ginger tea." Rishab smiles and says,"Will I get the honour of your company too with this treat?" Sana smiles and nods her head.

Sana pours two cups of tea from the tea pot and handle overs one cup to Rishab who is sitting on the chair by the window. She takes a cup herself and sits beside him on an identical chair. She looks around the room, the fire is buring now making the room warm. She could see the towel on the bed railing. The bed is now messed up indicating he has sat on it. What is she looking for, she asks herself? Why is she here, in his room? May be she is here to see what the room looks like when used by Rishab. May be she is assuring herself that he is just like any other guest and the thoughts of him being mysterious is just a fragmeent of her imagination.

Her thoughts are broken when Rishab says,"You really make good tea. I really wanted to have one. Thanks." Sana looks back at him and says,"A good hot ginger tea can work great on tiredness and cold. My mummy used to say that. And you might catch cold after getting wet in rain. So I thought making you a cup." Rishab smiles and Sana observes him. He is undoubtedly handsome, with sharp jawline, attractive pair of eyes and that charming smile. With wet hairs, he is looking even more dashing. But there is something else that she is getting attracted to. Rishab asks her,"Where is your mummy?"

"Bhagwan ke pass hai.(They are no more) Both my mummy and daddy. They were in an accident.", says Sana in a sad tone, after thinking for sometime. She looked outside the window as the rain drops falls over it making everything hazy. Her life too had become hazy after that incident. But she had got up again for herself for this place, his father had left behind. A shiver pass through her body suddenly and she realises the reason behind it as she looks at her hand. Rishab had put his hand over hers and was looking at her with compassion. He says,"I am so sorry to hear that." Sana pulls her hand closer in a way to remove his hand. He lowers his head as he says,"I can understand how you must be feeling. I have lost my father when I was young." Sana asks,"And your mother?" "I haven't seen her since..", whispers Rishab.

Sana is confused to why haven't he seen his mother,"Why?" "Hun?",Rishab says. "I am asking why haven't you seen your mother? Doesn't she stay with you? And you will be staying here, won't she be alone in India?", asks Sana in a flow. Rishab looks at Sana and thinking for sometime says,"No. She is not alone. She stays with my brother. I see her at times." Sana nods her head, not knowing what to say. They both keep quiet for sometime. The sound of rains outside hitting the window pane and the wood burning inside the fire place creates a beautiful melody, removing the awkward silence in the room.

Sana breaks the silence by saying,"You are from Mumbai. Right?" Rishab turns towards her and nods his head. She says,"I have been to India only three times when I was a kid. My extended family stays in Punjab. I have never been to Mumbai though. It's beautiful right? " A smile appears on Rishab's face,"Yes. I love Mumbai. It is crowded but it has its own charm. People, beaches, street food, festivals,.. everything is so unique there." "Wow! I 'll definitely visit one day. Tum ghumao ge mujhe agar main gayi?", says Sana with a puppy face. "Yeah sure..I will show you all the places there. You will love it.", says Rishab with a smile. Sana giggles and says,"Promise?"

Rishab suddenly becomes serious and asks,"Do you believe that people keep their promises? It is said promises are made to be broken." Sana gets up from the chair and with a smile she says,"Friends keep their promises. I believe that." He raises his eyebrows and asks,"So I am your friend?" "Ofcourse! We are friends. I never share my life with strangers. So I consider you as my friend and I trust my friends. I believe you will keep your promise. So promise me now that you will meet me if I come to Mumbai.", she says with a cheerful voice. Rishab looks at her hand that she has extended. He puts his hand on her and says,"Promise. If I am in Mumbai, I will surely meet you." Sana smiles again and picking up the tray, she leaves the room.

He sits there unable to move from his place. What just happened? He can't be anybody's friend. The words trust and friendship are too big for him. He can't effort to be distracted by getting emotional now. But he couldn't stop himself from talking to her. He couldn't stop himself from telling her about his mother. Her innocence had left an impression on him. She has started becoming something for him. What? Friend? Running his fingers through his hair, he gets up and stand in front of the window. He whispers,
"Yeh kya ho raha hai mujhe,
Teri taraf kyun khincha chala jaraha hun.
Teri masoomiyat ko dekh kar kyun,
Main iss tarah bebass ho jata hun.
Yeh raabta tera mera itna gehra kyun hai.
Kyun tujhe apna rafique,
Apna humdard mane laga hun."

Added my touch, my poetry. Hope it is good. Read and give comments.. do give votes for this update..
Love is a mystery💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
**rafique- Friend