28

Sidharth stands outside the glass window beside Shahid. They can hear screams of Zaheer coming from inside. He is tied up on a chair and PD is doing the honours of giving him a memorable welcome to his guest for whom he was waiting desperately for many days. Anger is visible on his face as he pulls his ears and asks questions.

Meera comes up and stands beside them.
"Did he say anything yet?"
Shahid replies,"No He won't say anything so easily. It has been only an few hours. You need other ways. This won't work for him. He is tough."
Meera nods her head, "I know.."
Sidharth smiles and says,"But PD wants this. He wants to torture him. This is some kind of revenge, personal reasons. Isn't it?"

Meera stays silent.
Sidharth asks, "What is the exact story behind PD's love for Zaheer?"
"It is a long story. You both come with me now."

Sidharth and Shahid enter the office and Meera switches on the television.
The news shows about a raid that was conducted at the crackers factory that belonged to Hassan Raja.

Breaking news

A huge amount of explosives have been found in the underground chamber of a firecrackers factory here in Mumbai. ATS along with Mumbai police had conducted a raid in the early hours of this morning and recovered nitroglycerine and ammonium nitrate in large quantities. These are basically used to make bombs. The question now remains what was their purpose behind this. Was there a plan to create multiple blasts in Mumbai?
Police are yet to issue any statement but our sources has confirmed that a major terrorist attack was the motive.
As per the reports, the factory is owned by a local named Hassan Raja. Police arrested him from the factory this morning. We are waiting for more information on him.
The locals of the area who used to work in the factory are in shock hearing this news. There is a mixed reaction among them. Some are claiming he has been framed by police while others are unable to accept that he was such a criminal. Many are showing their disappointment in finding the real identity of Hasan.

Meera switches off the television and turns towards them. She waits for them to say something on the whole matter. But all they just stare at each other and face her with a mischievous smile.

Annoyed at their behaviour, Meera finally says, "Sidharth, I need to know."
"What? You just saw everything."
"Why did you leave Hassan there? Why did you involve ATS and police? I have been asking you about him since last night and you have been avoiding me."
Sidharth smiles and says, "Well my hands were full. I had to get that Zaheer. You wanted to bring only him, right? Then why aren't you happy? Hassan was of no use to us."
"Stop it Sidharth. I know Hassan's value for our mission."

"Then what is wrong? We have Zaheer, Hassan is in remand. What is wrong?"
Meera rubs her temples and says," You didn't take backup. You both went alone and then you left Hassan there. The orders were to shoot him down. You didn't tell us your plan. And now we got to see this. This is not how we work here."

"I know Meera. I know very well how things work here. You know why I didn't take any back up. Too many people could have alerted him. We both knew we can easily take them down. There was no one but them."
"Why didn't you kill Hassan? Why did you leave him there? Why ATS?"
"Hassan is considered God in the area. Killing him could have led to a mayhem. We could have brought him here. That too could have raised suspicion."

"But after Divya, you trusted ATS people. Were you sure?"
Sidharth nods his head, "I had some connections in ATS. I talked to the people who used to inform me about Divya. They are friends, so I gave them a tip and left Hassan unconscious there."
"But.."
Shahid says,"This was the only way. His reality is out. Hassan has been caught red handed with explosives. Everything is on tv. People will have to accept it. If not now, they will eventually. This was the best way to prevent a fracas."