29

"I told you to capture him but you all didn't listen to me. See we lost him again."
Rao says in a loud voice, looking at Sidharth.
They are at the headquarters. Rao, Meera and Shahid are in the room and AK is on the big television screen.

AK says,"We are trying to find out where he went."
Meera worried about the situation, asks,"How did he get out without any trace? You had people after him. Then how did he leave?"
"They were on surveillance but I guess they left in disguise from the back door. I am trying to find what exactly went wrong."
"There is no use talking about these things now. I had told you all to shoot him. At least you all could have captured him. But you had to listen to the brilliant Sidharth Singh Shekhawat. Now we don't know where he is. "

Sidharth is busy over his phone when Meera says,"Sidharth! Don't you have anything to say? There is a meeting going on here. Will you focus on this rather than looking into your phone?"
Sidharth looks up from the phone and says,"What do you expect me to say Meera? I am sorry Mr.Rao. It is my fault that Shakeel just vanished into thin air."
Rao slams his hand on the table, "It is your and AK's fault that he is lost. You young people have no discipline and think you know everything. You have no professionalism or interest to maintain the protocol.  And you, Sidharth,  you were just trying to fight your own personal war here. You wanted to get him yourself to take your own revenge.  So, yes you need to apologize. "

Sidharth smiles, "Discipline, protocol and professionalism. Mr. Ram S Rao, no profession teaches you about these things but the army. So a bureaucrat sitting in an AC office should not tell me that I am not disciplined or that I am unprofessional. And regarding my personal war, yes this mission has become personal. But that never means, Major Sidharth Singh Shekhawat will put everything at stake for his own revenge."
Meera says, "Sidharth.."
"I am not finished, Meera. While you were sitting here, finding a neck where you can put all the blame, I was working. I was trying to find out what exactly happened here. And I think I know where Shakeel is.,"

The next day PD holds a meeting with everyone present in the room. Along with Rao, Meera, Sidharth and Shahid, AK and another person Ajith is in the room.
He says, "I heard Shakeel left Nepal and there are no signs of him. Sidharth and I had a meeting yesterday and we got everything out. Well most of it. I will just tell you this much that we no longer need Zaheer. He has given us everything he knows. All the details of Shakeel's  travel from Nepal to his destination and our next plan will be explained by Sidharth. Sidharth!"
Sidharth nods his head and stands up.

"Well, let's start from the first. Shakeel's plan was to recreate 26/11 in Mumbai. Key areas, including Dardar Station, CST, Carter road, Juhu Beach were the target areas. However Zaheer was captured and trucks carrying explosives were found too. So his plan was busted. This alerted Shakeel that we knew things. He felt that his location might be known to us. He couldn't take the risk of staying there.  So he decided to leave."
"Do you think someone informed him that he is under surveillance?"
Sidharth nods his head, "They might have a hint about it. Two of our own people are working for them. We already have the names of all the traitors but the two. I am guessing they were the ones. They might have given him something. "

Rao asks, "Our information and files are top secret. How did anyone know about it?"
Sidharth smiles, "No details must have gone to him. But just like I said, he might have got some hints that he could be under the radar. "
"Still, how is that possible?"
"Well if you really want to know my theory then listen. There was a meeting in New Delhi on Security and Measures. Some of the top officials had attended it."
Rao nods his head, "Yes. I was there myself.  Why?"
Sidharth nods his head, "Right. And did anyone ask anything to you and you happen to mention the place Nepal?"
Rao shakes his head and then freezes.

He looked at Sidharth, "The Defense Minister was asking me about a special Thanga painting. I told him that I could look for it in Nepal."
Sidharth smiles again, "And also that you have people who can find it and send it here."
Rao stares at him and Sidharth continues, "I guess the one working for them must be present there. He or she must have heard you then joined the dots. The next step was to alert Shakeel. What did you tell me earlier? Something about professionalism. Isn't it?"