Chapter 35: School Project

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

After Kyung Woo and I told my friends about us, they all threw us the "It's about time" look. They were very happy, but one seemed to be forcing a smile.

"Wahh, so this is the ship that ended up sailing." Kyung Min said. "I was expecting Min Ji and Sang Hoon to be the first."

I turned towards Min Ji who was only quietly fiddling with her hands. Seeing her do that only made me regret it more.

"Min Ji-yah." She was the first person I called after I was home after I had confessed. She needed to know, so I called and told her everything that happened. "I'm sorry."

"I told you not to feel guilty didn't I?" That was the only thing she could say to me.

That very same night, I found out that Min Ji had rejected Sang Hoon's advances. If she figured out her feelings then perhaps I know who she really likes.

"But Yoo Na." Byung Hoon called me, "Out of everyone, why Kyung Woo? What did you like about him?"

"Well..." I paused, "Let me think for a bit." I teased causing Kyung Woo to look at me in shock.

"You have to think first?!"

"Congratulations." Ja Rim said cutting him.

"I do hope you guys don't end up like these two shorties." Kyung Min sighed patting Joo Young and Ja Rim on the head. In return, Ja Rim punched him in the stomach.

"End up like them?" Min Ji asked.

"Being annoying." Jin Hee answered, "I get to hear how Joo Young tells Ja Rim how he misses her every day, If I get to hear that from you, I swear I'll go out of my mind."

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

I groaned and leaned my head on the table knowing this would go nowhere. Earlier this day, our science teacher has tasked us to do a project and would be in groups of three. Out of everyone, I just had to be grouped up with Joo Young and Byung Hoon.

If anything, Byung Hoon didn't listen to what the teacher had said and has put his hope in me. Turning to Joo Young who was less lazy than Byung Hoon only to find him thinking about something that he wouldn't tell me. He just kept asking me random questions like my personal preferences.

"Can you just focus," I told Joo Young after he continued to ask me what I would like if I was given a present.

"Fine, but you have to answer my question before I'll stop and help you."

"Which is?"

"Do you like the color pink?"

"No, not all girls like that color. For some, they despise that color." I answered, "Will you help me now."

"Okay." He nodded not too happy with my reply. "Then what's Ja Rim's favorite color?" He asked himself.

"You're hopeless." Sighing, I took a piece of paper and began to write down the needed materials.

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

I went to buy the things Joo Young had asked me to buy for the project and meet him in his house to do it. As soon as I got off the bus, I heard my phone ring and took it out to see Kyung Woo calling me.

"Yoo Na, where are you?" He asked as soon as I answered it.

"I'm at the bus stop, I'm about to go to Joo Young's house. Why?"

"Stay there, I'm coming." With that, he ended the call.

I guess I have to wait for him, it took him a couple of buses to pass before I saw him getting out of the third bus with a paper bag in hand fueling my confusion.

"I'm sorry, did you wait long?" He asked out of breath.

"If I'm being honest, I did." I told him showing my phone, "Joo Young and Byung Hoon had been messaging me nonstop about where I was."

"Sorry." He gave me the paper bag. "It's for you."

"What? Why?" Is today something special? Opening the bag, I pulled out a deer plush, similar to the deer plush I had been eyeing at the arcade for days. Taking it in my arms in awe, I looked at Kyung Woo.

"Why?"

"Just wanted to." He replied with a hint of a smile.

"Thanks." I said while hugging it, "I like it."

"Of course you do. So, you like deers?" He asked.

"Yeah, how did you come to think of it?"

"I just remembered something. You're going to Joo Young's house, Let's go." Holding my hand, we began to walk.

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

"Are you saying I have to do the rest?" I asked Byung Hoon. We've managed to finish half of the model but it was already past their curfew and their parents were calling them to go home.

"I might make a mistake if I'll do it alone." He reasoned out, "Since you know what to do, you'll have to do it."

"That's quite a got for you to say, You just slack off and let Joo Young and Yoo Na do the work." Kyung Woo flicked Byung Hoon's head.

"Fine, I'll do it." I sighed gathering my things. With that, we all parted ways.

"Sorry, I can't walk with you home." Kyung Woo apologized when we reached his house.

"It's fine, you're mom must be wondering where you are," I told him as we came to a stop. He hummed in response before looking at me.

Stepping forward he gave a quick kiss on my forehead. "Be careful."

"I always am," I commented.

"I know." He said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

"Goodnight."

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

Because I had to complete the work that Byung Hoon failed to do. I had a little hour of sleep but it felt as if it only took a second nap.

Thankfully, I managed to finish the project and had passed it a while ago. However, throughout the next subjects, I had difficulty concentrating on what the teacher was saying. Before I knew it, I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Hopefully, not disturbing anyone or the teacher.

"Yoo Na. Wake up." I felt someone shake me. Opening my eyes, I caught San Hee's face in front of me. I sat straight and look around only to see that everyone was slacking off.

"It's lunchtime, in case your wondering."

"Oh, thanks. Did I disturb any of you?"

"No, you slept quietly. It wasn't until Joo Young pointed out that you were asleep."

Thank goodness, perhaps the teacher also let me sleep considering none woke me up before San Hee. It took me a couple more moments before I realized that I was wearing a jacket. I never wear any jacket when I come to school. When its scent reached my nose, I could feel my cheeks heat up.

It was Kyung Woo's jacket.

"Are you okay?" San Hee asks.

"I'm fine." I wore his jacket.

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴