Winter Flower

Jae blinked. "What...I don't-"

"I know you know what that means, Jae. You're not stupid." Yoongi replied."I'm going to take a wild guess and his smell to you is more intense than usual?"

Jae was astounded at the accuracy. "Uh..." "I'll take that as a yes." he huffed. "Listen, you need to stay away from him..."

Yoongi scratched the back of his neck, looking embarrassed,"um...unless..." Tae turned to him with a hard expression. "No way. Not happening. There's no way she'd be comfortable with that yet."

Then Tae turned to Jae, and bent down so he could look straight into her eyes. "Listen, I know you don't know a lot about this, but we'll teach you. Over time. It shouldn't have to be this big complicated mess if we do things right." He said calmly.

"The most important thing is that we never want you to feel uncomfortable, or feel like you feel forced to do anything." Yoongi added, and Tae nodded in agreement. She knew that already, but it was reassuring to hear it coming straight from them.

"Right...I'm sorry I'm not up to speed with it all. I'm a fast learner though." she said, trying to lighten the mood, as well as hide her embarrassment about the whole subject. She can't believe she was stupid enough to believe that Jin meant what he said. It was just because he was in heat. He wasn't fully in control of his thoughts. Right? She wanted to ask Tae and Yoongi about it but she didn't want to make it more awkward.

She couldn't help but notice they kept staring at her neck. Yoongi bent down and picked up the scarf, and wrapped it around her neck,"That being said, I think it would be best to keep some distance from him for now." He said softly, and Tae added, "We'll make sure he doesn't do anything more."

Making their way back to their original seats, Jae noticed Jin was nowhere to be seen. She wasn't sure where he went, but it worried her when she didn't see him for the rest of the ride. Granted, it was probably for the best, considering if what Yoongi and Tae had said was true. Jae had completely forgotten about the concept of heats.

She wished she had read up about them before, but then again she thought it unnecessary information at the time. If only she had known what kind of situation she would be in later.

The train's wheels eventually squeaked to a stop, and they all exited the car as quickly and discreetly as possible, with Jae leading the way and Jin behind everyone else. Yoongi had made it a point to tell Namjoon about Jin, and therefore, the whole pack now knew that Jin was in heat.

    He didn't dare come closer to her, especially with the warning glares he was receiving from the others. Of course, the mark he left on her did not go unnoticed, even with her scarf on. He looked ashamed, and Jae felt bad about it. It wasn't his fault. Just because he's in heat he doesn't deserve to be shunned.

They all stepped out, and Namjoon left the group to make sure they had gotten off at the right stop. Jungkook and Yoongi were on either side of Jae, and the rest formed a small circle around her, with the exception of Jin, who was standing off a little to the side by himself. The way the rest were looking at him, it was easy to tell they felt sympathy for him. It was dark now, and Jae could spot some people staring at their little group, squinting at them, like they were trying to figure them out.

All of the people around them were pale in comparison, and they all had very judging eyes. Jae hadn't felt this way since her classes in college. It was bringing her horrible flashbacks. She felt an arm drape around her and she immediately recognized it as Jungkook's.