9. Pleasant time

“That Xiaojun, the idol one?” she asks confused and I reply with a “He is here already”.

“You didn’t get here faster because of me?” is the first thing Xiaojun asks me when he sees me walking inside. The weather was quite chilly, sunny, and bright. The café had a decent smell of strong coffee and I love it.

He just stood there as a golden statue, looking perfect as ever. His sharp black eyes had the color of the sky during the night. Himself was a shining star nobody could come close to unless you were a star yourself.

A dust like me got a great opportunity and it burns my eyes to stand near him so close. The pain feels good even if it's hurting me. “I thought we were late, since we didn’t find the café fast,” I say as I take a seat and Alexandra sits down beside me looking at me with a shocked face.

“Why do you look like that?” I whisper into her left ear when Xiaojun asks for the drinks menu. She is still in shock, when I shake her, she becomes suddenly lost.

“Why the hell is he so good-looking?” she asks staring straight at him. I believe Xiaojun heard that because he let out a small laughter with his silly, but cute smile.

“Thanks, Alexandra,” he says and hands us the menu of drinks. He looks tired, his eyes are easily black and he keeps rubbing them. “Did you sleep well? You didn’t have to meet up with us just because of us” I say and give him a worried look.

Alexandra, doesn’t know what to say so she stays quiet and looks for a drink to buy. “I got late from work, you know very well how life is like an idol,” he says and gives me a quick smile. He is exhausted, even so, he said he wanted to meet me, why?

“We could have met another day,” I say with a sad tone, I blame myself for him not resting well. “I wanted to see you, don’t worry. Just find a drink I can buy for you” he says and gives me a sweet look.

He wanted to meet me, with no intention of anything else. Xiaojun is hard to read, but he has a kind heart and a lovely personality.

“Y/n, what would you like to drink?” he asks polity with his sweet smile that makes me go totally wild. The reason why I am not crying and screaming is because Alexandre is holding my hand.

“I want Matcha tea,” Alexandra says and stands up, waiting for us to give our orders. “I will have a cold brew and Y/n will have a cappuccino with cream,” he says confidently, but it looks like he used some time to think what I like.

I can’t believe he even remembers my “go-to” drink, he wanted us to get close as friends. I wish Xiaojun and I thought about that earlier in life, before making mistakes. “Thanks Xiaojun” I say with a low tone but I try to sound a bit cute just for him. “Your phone is calling,” he says and I get scared.

Everything was chill and cool until that bastard called me. L, the stranger from the mall is calling me this early in the morning. Is he crazy?! “You should pick up, it looks urgent,” Xiaojun says and tells me to leave outside to pick up the call.