Chapter Twenty One

Freddie P.O.V
...
After playing with Bri and Rog, John grabbed my hand said, " I got an idea, c'mon!" I smiled wondering what he had in mind as he led me inside heading towards the kitchen.

I asked, "What're we doing?"

John said, " Baking! I just thought of it just now and I was like: Yo that would be awesome!" I smiled said, " Coool!" I asked, " What're we making?" He pulled out a pamphlet that was blue with shiny pink embroidery said, " Look in there. Mom and I made it and put all sorts of different recipes we've learned over the years. She took me to Paris and we learned a lot there too. I smiled said, " Ooh la la!" He laughed pulling out a bunch of different supplies that we'll use and leaned against the kitchen island (where I was sitting,) staring at me patiently. I said, " Hmm... Cinnamon rolls?" He said, " Ooh- choose another one too," I said, " Oh okay," I chose: Chocolate filled croissants.

I said, " What about- chocolate filled croissants?"

He smirked said, " Ooh. Thats my specialty."
------------------------------------------

I smirked as he grabbed my arm setting me up and tied an arpon around my waist and got ingredients to maybe, make the dough. He told me a lot of instructions while doing so.

I personally was shocked since John never told me he could bake. Or cook in general.

Turns out he proved me wrong.

I shouldn't underestimate him sometimes.

I watched in awe as the kitchen aid went straight to work mixing the ingredients around. John mixed it himslef up to his satisfaction and set it down on the counter on soem kind of foil to protect and grabbed a roller and started rolling it out until it was flat. He said, " Come, let me show you how to do the best part! Well, at least my favorite part of assembling the croissant." Which he pronounced in a french kind of accent. Honestly, he reallt knows how to make me smile. I smirked said, " Okay," He grinned excitingly and took out a bunch of cookie cutters and started cutting it in the crescent shapes.

Then, he grabbed choclate and placed it on the dough I did the same thing of what he was doing and he explained how to shape it. Which took me a few attempts to get right. Baking isn't as easy as it looks let me just say! I sighed in exhaustion as he placed it in the oven.

He said, " Well! Great job on your first try!" As he gave me a high five. I laughed said, " I tried my best,"

John smiled said, " Well, I bet they'll taste amazing since you gave it your all, what do you want to do while we wait?" I said," Hmmm... Play Grande Theft Auto again?" John said," Oooh,"

Grabbing my hand, as he led me to the living room.
...
I watched John play as I lyed down resting my head in his lap as he stroked my hair for a few minutes. I said, " Your about to crash,"

I jumped up as he said, " Oh shit!" I laughed as he had a face expression that seemed like he was ready to beat someone up. I laughed and he said, " Let's goo! See, I didn't cause a car crash like you did last time!"

I laughed as we continued arguing until the oven beeped!

John said, " Yes! C'mon time to make the cinnamon rolls now!" As he grabbed my arm pulling me toward the kitchen.
---------------------------
Once he pulled out the croissants, I grabbed a few and put it on a tray and put a cover to keep them warm. He smiled doing the same, afterward I grabbed the ingredients for the cinnamon rolls while John sat on the kitchen island watching me the whole time.

I streched asked, " Now what do I do?"

He giggled said, " Well, watch me,"

I nodded as he grabbed the milk and butter and mixed it together until it was well combined and placed it in the microwave for however long it was supposed to heat up for. I did the same thing while he told me the instructions. All while mixing the ingredients for the dough together.