ʇıɥS oʇ ǝuo⅁

You're getting so big now
You're making me so proud 'cause
You are such a star
And, you know that you are
So, every single little moment
I can't be there to hold your hand
I need for you to know that
Anything should happen, anything should happen
'Cause anything could, if anything should happen
Know that you'll be alright, know that you'll be alright
Just promise you'll be alright, promise you'll be alright
➪♧︎
Jhene Aiko ~ Promises (ft. Namiko Love, Miyagi)

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

Recap:

    He nods and his normal, bright self shines through again as he gives me a very warm smile. It's enough to make a warm, fluttery sensation occur inside of me. I recognize it, I'd felt it that day we hung out in town. I guess this would be the feeling most people would call butterflies? But, why do I feel that for Todoroki? He's my friend and, on top of that, a boy! True, I've never really considered my sexuality, even though everyone at school calls me a f*ggot, because I've never dated a girl, and typically because it's an insult bullies like to resort to and degrade people. I never really needed to figure it out though, seeing as I never get close enough to anyone to find out what I prefer anyways.

    No one will ever want to be with someone as emotionally unavailable and unstable as me. Might as well just not even bother trying to figure it out at all. The reason I feel funny around Todoroki is probably because he is the first person to treat me so kindly and I'm very happy and excited about it.

Recap Over:

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
This chapter includes mention of self harm, abuse, drugs, and mentions of suicide. If you are harming yourself in any way, getting abused, or have thoughts of suicide or overdosing, please seek help or talk to someone and remember that you are not alone even if it may feel impossible

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

    I've been working harder than the average teenage employee the past few days, helping Mr. Torino (I was low key embarrassed to have to ask his name even though he knew mine-) clean up the shop by doing the things he has a hard time with at his age; dusting, returning books to high shelves, vacuuming all the carpets, washing the big picture window in the front. On top of that, I've had to keep coming up with lies to give Todoroki, wanting to surprise him with the fact that I was making my own money.

"Boy, you're a real hard worker ain't ya?" Mr. Torino chuckles.

I just shrug and keep quiet as I pile more books on their appropriate shelf.

"Rather quiet, too." The old man mumbles to himself.

A moment later, I jump at the sound of the record player starting up. I can't really remember the name of the song that he plays, but I do remember the tune and began to tap my fingers happily on the freshly polished wooden shelf as if it's a keyboard or something like that. I really find myself losing awareness of everything around me, getting caught in the melody. Music has always been a sort of therapy for me, and it easily carries me away from this harsh reality.