ɓuıɹǝpuoM

Seems like a part of me will always have to lose
Every single time I have to choose
Swore that it felt right, but was I wrong?
Is this where I'm supposed to be at all?
I don't have the answers, not today
It's like nothing makes the questions go away
What I'd give to see
If the grass was greener
On the other side of all I've had and lost
Would it be enough?
Or would I still be wondering?
If I could go back and change the past
Be a little braver than I had
And bet against the odds
Would I still be lost?
Even if I woke up in my dreams
Would there still be something I'm missing?
If I had everything
Would it mean anything to me?
➪♧︎
Julia Lester ~ Wondering (ft. Olivia Rodrigo)

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

Recap:

    "Oh! Well, actually I was going to ask Midoriya if he would want to come over and hang out. My parents said I could invite him for dinner. They're happy I've finally found someone who can put up with me," She giggles and playfully punches me in the arm.

"Oh...."

"Just oh? Does that mean I can go?" I ask, not understanding his answer.

Todoroki just shrugs. I step towards him, going to say something, but he quickly shoves his hands in his sweater pocket and turns to leave. After hardly hearing his goodbye, he's gone. I stand there, slightly confused and sort of upset by his reaction. Is he angry with me? Is he sad? Did I hurt him? Does me having other friends make him feel unappreciated? Is he...is he jealous?

With that, I grab my bag, and follow Uraraka out the door and in the opposite direction Todoroki went. Trying to hold back tears as I do so.

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
This chapter includes mention of self harm, abuse, drugs, and mentions of suicide. If you are harming yourself in any way, getting abused, or have thoughts of suicide or overdosing, please seek help or talk to someone and remember that you are not alone even if it may feel impossible

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

    "Midoriya?" Uraraka asks, snapping me out of my self-hating thoughts.

    I shake my head clear and look at her. "Yeah? Sorry what were you saying?"

    "Just that my dads can be a bit...in your face. So, just be yourself and you'll fit right in...mostly," She says with a little laugh.

    I smile at her and quickly drop my gaze to the ground, watching my feet shuffle along. I don't want to disappoint Uraraka and ditch her, but at the same time, I really want to run back home and ask Todoroki a million questions. Hell, there's been so much tension between us the past couple of days that I need to ask him if he's feeling as strange as I am. This cannot be normal. It must be wrong. I'm bullied and beat daily for being a "f*g" or "queer" or "gay", whichever you prefer, I've been called them all.

    "This is it," Uraraka says, pulling me by the arm through the front door of a cute, little brick house with green shutters.