Chapter 13

We've been walking for hours. 

Down an empty road. (The car ran out of gas) 

There was no noise, except for the little gurgles Judith made every now and then. 

Sweat dripped down my forehead, and I blankly stared ahead. 

I was walking at the back with Alex and Catherine, while Carl walked along side me with Judith. 

Tons of walkers were behind me. 

Sasha slowed down and Michonne stopped to see what she was doing. 

"We can take them," Sasha said, looking at Michonne. Michonne shook her head. "No." 

"can take them," Sasha rephrased herself. "Your brother was the same way when he lost something he loved." Michonne muttered, shifting from foot to foot.

"We aren't the same." Sasha looked at Michonne and continued walking. 

 It's awkwardly tense. 

"Let's stop and take a rest while some of us go and look for water." Rick announced, walking over to the shade at the side of the road. 

The group settled down. 

"You wanna watch her or go and look for water?" I asked Carl.

"I'll watch her. Take Alex and Catherine. Teach them how to act right," He smirked at me, before pressing a quick kiss to my lips and settling down with Judith next to Rick.

"Alex, Catherine," I called, summoning them over. 

"What?" They chorused. "You're coming with me to look for water," I order, before slipping into the woods, hand on my knife's sheath.

I looked around.

"I can climb trees if you want." Alex asked, looking upwards.

"Sure, but I don't think you're gonna be able to see anything." I muttered, and she heaved herself up into a tree. 

"I can see a ditch up ahead," Alex called down at me. 

"Okay, come on!" Catherine yelped. 

I let Alex lead the way to the little ditch she saw. 

I peeped over the side, to reveal it full of...

nothing. 

It was dried up. 

I let out a heavy sigh. "Let's head back." 

***

Rick looked at us with hopeful eyes when we approached them. 

I shook my head sadly, and settled down in between Daryl and Carl. 

We stayed there until night fell, and there was a vicious growl behind us. 

I turned into a wolf, and a pack of dogs lunged out of the bushes.

I took a step back, growling, before there was a few gunshots and the dogs fell to the ground, dead. 

I stayed back while the group cooked the dogs over the fire, tail between my legs.

***

We continued walking until Rick suddenly stopped.

I grabbed my knife, and pushed my way to the front. 

There was a few jugs of water, and a lot more bottles. 

Rick held up a note. 

"From a friend?" I muttered, turning my head to the side. 

"Should we drink it?" Glenn asked. 

"There might be something in it." Daryl commented. 

Eugine walked forwards. "So? It's still water!" He said, before grabbing a bottle of water.

He cracked open the lid after a minute, and Abraham smashed the water bottle out of his hand.

The two locked eyes for a minute, before Rosita gently tugged on Abraham's arm. 

Something dripped on my nose, and I snorted and jumped backwards before shaking my head like a dog.

"Are you okay?" Carl teased. 

"Something dropped on my nose!" I insisted, sending a playful glare at him. 

Then it started raining. 

We all laughed, and Michonne and Sasha layed down and giggled to themselves. 

Then, thunder crackled, and I jumped. Out of instinct, I turned into a wolf. 

My fur bristled, and looked around for help.

"There's a barn!" Daryl called. "Where?" Rick asked.

Daryl pointed, and we all rushed into the barn.

We started a fire, and Carl held Judith as they fell asleep.

I layed down next to him while Rick, Daryl, and Glenn sat around the fire and talked. 

I put my head on my paws, and peeked at them. 

I noticed a mark on Daryl's hand.

I pushed myself to my paws, and padded over, careful not to burn myself. 

I pushed my nose against the mark, and Daryl hissed in a breath before he covered it up. 

I sighed, and layed back down next to Carl. 

I finally drifted into sleep, and curled into an even tighter ball and tucked my nose under my tail. 

When I woke up, two people were missing.

Maggie and Sasha.