Chapter 24

A/N: Yeah this is gonna be a short chapter because I missed the last episode of twd, and it's apparently mostly focused on Glenn returning, so it's just gonna be the ending scene (I know what happens) and the next chapter is probably gonna be pretty big because Neagan was casted as Jeffery Dean Morgan. (why can't you be a good character in something and make me hate you less?) It's also the mid-season finale, and I'm gonna try and put a tiny bit of backstory into this. I might make another book about the character before the outbreak. message me if you think it's a good idea, and I'll try to do it. :), until next time!

~emma

*****************************************************************************************************

I jolt awake, seeing a beam of light coming from a window.

I look around, seeing the inside of the house, and Zander sitting next to me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Daryl went back to Alexandria and helped me get you over the gate. Here we are. You've been out for about," he paused and looked at the clock, "three hours."

I push myself into a sitting position, freezing when pain shoots through my stomach.

"Shit," I curse, looking down at my blood stained shirt.

"Did they get the bullet out?" I ask, looking over at him.

He nods, and I relax. "Good. I'm going to find Rick." I swing my legs over the side of the bed and force myself to stand up.

The pain turns into a dull ache as I start to walk towards the door. "You can't leave." Zander says. I look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I can." I open the door and hop down the steps, walking down the road.

I see familiar faces, "Emma!" I'm nearly tackled to the ground in a hug as someone rockets into me.

I wrap my arms around their waist as I hug them back, and I pull away to see Carl.

"What happened when you were out there?" He asked, eyes flicking down to look at my stomach.

"I found Daryl, he was being chased by this group. They took his bike and his crossbow, then more people came. We got away and that's all I can remember." I explain.

"Did you find Glenn?" Carl asked.

I shake my head.

"Do you have any guesses to where he his?" Rick says from behind me.

I turn around and look up at him, shaking my head. "I think that town that Michonne was in. He's gotta be somewhere around there. If he's okay, he'll find his way back."

Rick nods slowly, and his eyes turn up to look at the gates.

Balloons float upwards.

"Glenn!" Maggie shouts, and I can hear her running.

I take off running, ignoring the pain in my stomach, and I slow down at the gates.

Glenn walks in with Enid, and my heart sinks.

Maggie nearly tackles Glenn, and she's crying, and everyone is gathering around him.

I hear a massive creak, and I slowly turn around to look at where the sound came from.

The old church is leaning, and the wood is groaning.

I stiffen, clenching my fists.

It's gonna fall. The thought sickens me and sends adrenaline pumping throughout me.

The church leans even farther, and there's a loud crack, and it's falling.

Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion as the church fell down onto the wall and knocked it down.

The walkers start to stumble through and I feel my heartbeat quicken.

I stare, eyes widening. "Get guns!" I shout.

Everyone scattered.

I pull out my gun, ready to fight.