Chapter 2: Sweet Goodbyes

I groan as I struggle against the ropes wrapped tightly around my wrist. "Rick!" I scream. I sigh as I wait to hear footsteps. They never came. I managed to get my knife out of my pocket. I quickly cut through the ropes and sit up. I walked downstairs to find that half of the prison was gone. There was a tank infront of the entrance and smoke was blowing out of the top. Walkers were everywhere. I glanced around and turned. I padded through the front doors and out into the yard. I put my nose to the ground and sniffed. I smelt Hershel, so  I thought, why not follow it? I  began running as the scent mixed with death. There he was. His head was cut clean off and his eyes were glazed. My vision blurred and I blinked. Carl? I smelled another scent and I recognized it. It was Carls. I began at a lope with my nose to the ground. I came upon a path with footsteps and there was a pair of smaller ones and bigger ones. I began running full pelt and the world blurred around me as I shot along the path. I skidded to a halt when a house came to my view and it had Carl and Ricks scent everywhere. I transformed and walked up to the front door and knocked. I heard a gun click as soon as I heard footsteps. M ears pricked towards the door as I heard husky laughing. "Its for you." Ricks voice said. My heart jumped with joy as the door opened. Carl was standing there. His gaze brightened and seemed like, hope joined it too. He slung his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back tight as I could. "I thought you were dead." He cried. "You can't get rid of me that easily." I joked. We both walked inside. Rick was laying there on the floor, looking horrible. "Rick what happened?!" I gasped. "The governer." He sighed. I sat down on the floor. "Where are the others?" I asked. "Well, Michonnes here with us, she is in the kitchen. We don't know where the others are." Rick mumbled. "Anyways, how did you find us?" He asked. "I-uh um. I followed your footprints?" I lied. He seemed to belive me. You haven't told anyone yet have you? I shoved the thought into Carls mind. No one other than Daryl, and he already knows that. Woo hoo. I sighed. Carl was sitting on the couch and Beth sat down next to him, but he edged away. Beth gave him a pleading glare and Carl gave me a pleading look. I shrugged my shoulders and walked outside. I heard footsteps behind me. I twisted and leaped into wolf form. Beth glared down at me. I curled my lip back and snarled. She took a step back and stared at me. "Emma? You stay away from Carl. I mean it. I will shoot you again." She growled. I snorted and barked. Try me. I don't take orders from you. With that, I ran off. I heard more footsteps and sighed. I turned to see Carl. I turned back to my human form and sat on the ground. "Did Beth say anything to you?" He asked. I heard shuffling in the back ground. I looked up to see two walkers behind Carl. "CARL TURN AROUND!" I screamed. He turned around and a walker fell on top of him. I pulled out my pocket knife and stabbed the one on Carl in the eye. The female walker fell down on me. I heard a gunshot and the female walker fell dead. I shoved her off of me. "Emma- your arm." Carl whispered. I glanced down at my arm to see a bite mark with blood pouring out of it. 

Oh shit. 

I groaned and layed down on the ground. "Carl. I have to leave. Beth won't let me get anywhere near you. If I try, she will shoot me." I whispered. Carl glanced back towards the house and his bright blue eyes darkened. I coughed up blood. "Don't shoot me. I'll live. Just-" My words ended as my eyes rolled back into my head.

CARLS POV

As soon as her eyes rolled back and she went limp, I grabbed her into my arms. I stumbled back to the house with her dark blood getting all over my shirt. I didn't care. I had to get her back.  I sighed. I ran into the house and put her down on the love seat.

EMMAS POV

I woke up to darkness and a sharp pain in my arm. Dammit. I sighed. "Carl?" I whispered. He stumbled in the room, tripping over his own feet. I giggled at his clumsiness. He laughed and cut the ropes off of my arms and I sat up and rubbed my wrist. "Third time I've been tied up since I met you guys." I hissed. There was a sharp pain in my arm and I yelped at it. Carl rushed to my side, his eyes lighting with worry. I took his hat and placed it on my head. His arms reached for it and I swatted them away, laughing. (aww Emma and Carl bonding) He rolled his eyes and gave up. I looked around, blinking. "What time is is?" I mumbled. "It's in the morning I'm not sure what time it is though." He mumbled. I heard a knock on the door. Rick did the exact same thing that he did with me. Only instead of me standing there, Michonne was there. She had walker parts covering her. I scrunched up my nose. "You smell bad. Still, you're a bad ass." I said to her. "Well thank you Emma, for calling me a bad ass." Michonne said, bowing down. I giggled and rolled my eyes. 

It was the next morning, but I don't remember anything. I sat straight up in the bed that I was in and scanned the room. It was clearly a girls room hint the pink wallpaper. I sighed and stood up, my legs a little shaky. I heard loud laughing coming from downstairs. I slid down the railing to the stairs, and landed. Carl and Michonne were laughing. I smirked. "Morning guys." I said. I sat down on the opposite side of Michonne. They said mornings and went back to joking. "Man if only we had some soy milk." Michonne said, sighing. "Soy milk is nasty." Carl groaned, making a gagging noise. "Have you ever tried it?" Michonne growled. I giggled. "My friend in third grade was lactose and tolerant and he brought soy milk to school for lunch, and I tried it." Carl laughed. "Did you like it?" Michonne asked. "I THREW UP!" Carl laughed loudly. Michonne looked at him. "Ok, I didn't throw up, I almost threw up." Carl sighed, making a gagging noise.I laughed. "You guys are funny together." I said in between gasp. 

Me Michonne and Carl were out looking for food. We were looting a house and Carl suddenly asked: "Did you have any kids?" "Yes." Michonne responded curtly. "What was his name? How old was he?" Carl started spitting out questions. "His name is Andre, and he was three." Michonne responded. Carls gaze dimmed a bit. I blinked. She suddenly pulled out a can of spray cheese. "You like crazy cheese?" She asked. Carl shook his head. Michonne shrugged and sprayed  a ton in her mouth. She make a gargling noise while I scrunched up my nose. I haven't seen him like this in ages. I pushed the thought into Michonnes mind and she jumped. "Who said that?" She growled. "Me." I giggled. Her eyes flicked to me. 

"How?"

"It's called being a werewolf." I giggled.

"Change." She commanded, I rolled my eyes, then turned into the white wolf I was used to. Her eyes widened and she reached down to pet me. I sat down and curled my tail. I leaped into the air and turned back.  Michonne blinks at me, surprised. "Yup." I snickered. I leaped around when I heard several gunshots. "Do you guys hear that?" I whispered. They both shook their heads. I began running down the road and stopped when I saw Rick running rapidly out of the house with a rifle. He signaled for us to turn around and my eyes widened as Michonne and Carl stumbled up behind me. They must've saw him as he shot up to us. 

"Where's Beth?" I asked. "I don't know. She wasn't in the house when I went upstairs, but I think she got one of their cars." Rick gasped.

We'd been travailing on the train tracks for about a mile. We came upon a sign and it said. 'Teminus, those who arive, survive.' We all looked at each other, and nodded. We headed off to where it wanted us to go. 

***

Hey guys! This is my Carl Grimes fanfiction and excuse any spelling errors!

-Emma