Chapter 27

"I'm going with you," I say, glaring at Carl. 

"Emma, you need to stay behind and protect the remaining group members." Carl said.

"For once, I agree with Emma." Enid said.   

Carl groaned, rolling his eyes. "Both of you need to stay behind." 

I scoffed, "You can't be doing this, Carl. You actually have no right to stop me from coming with you." 

Carl sighed, not arguing anymore. 

***

I climb into the RV, staring at Gabriel as his figure grew smaller and smaller. 

Maggie laid down, pulling the blanket up to her neck. "You'll be fine," I say, trying to reassure her. 

She shrugged, staring at the wall. 

I look away, glancing out the window.

"Em, come here." I look at Carl before standing up and walking over to him.

"I'm sorry about snapping at you earlier, I just don't want you to get hurt." Carl said, smiling.

I felt myself blush slightly, and I nodded. "It's okay." 

Before I could react, Carl's arms were wrapped around me. 

I hugged him back tightly, and pulled away. 

"What the bitch?" I hear Abraham say. I snort, looking out the windshield.

There's a group of people standing there, one of them laying on the ground. 

Rick and Abraham hop out, and I watch carefully. The people are talking, and one of them spray paints an 'x' over the guy on the ground's chest. 

Rick and Abraham walk back into the RV, and Abraham turns the RV around. 

"What'd they say?" I asked.

"Just that they were gonna take all of our stuff and kill one or two of us." Rick said, not looking back at me. 

***

We drive for a while, and we come across a fire road block. 

Abraham turns around and we drive for a while again and we come across a massive group of people, standing on cars.

Eugene stands up. "Stop, I have an idea." Abraham slows to a stop on the road, and I focus my attention on Eugene.

"They're waiting for the RV, not us," He says, glancing at Rick. 

"Yeah, but who's gonna drive the RV? We're blocked in here." Rick said.

"I will." Eugene said, not even hesitating. 

He grabbed a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to Rick. "The plans for the bullets. You can talk to Abraham for more information and he can show you where it is." He spoke quickly. 

Rick nodded, "Thank you." We all climbed out of the RV, and Eugene drove off down the road. 

Rick leads us through the woods, and I pull out my revolver and click the hammer back. 

I hear a whistle, and I freeze up.

Goosebumps spread across my arms, and I shuddered. 

There's another whistle, and it starts getting louder and louder. 

People come out of the woods, and they all lead us to a clearing. 

They put chains on my hands, and shove me down to the ground. My knees hit hard, and I glared daggers at the man.

They do the same thing to everyone, and a man walks out of a trailer.

He has a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. "Wow, we caught the big bad Rick," He said.

"I'm Negan, as many of you may have heard. This is Lucille." Negan gestures at his bat. 

"I'm going to kill one of you." He said, walking closer.

He walked around us, pacing, "I just can't make my decision. Oh, I know." 

He held out his bat to Glenn, "Enie," Michonne, "Mini," Rick, "Minie," Carl, "Moe," Me. 

Negan goes back to Glenn, muttering something else. 

"If anyone makes a move, I'll tear the kids other eye out and feed it to his dad." Negan said, and swung the back.

I shut my eyes, turning my head away, and I can hear the crunching sound. 

***

A/N: Woah, guys ! Long time no see, amirite? Sorry for no updates, I was in trouble for a bit, and I am in highschool, and I'm trying to focus on my schoolwork, believe it or not. 

Anyways, thanks for reading! 

-Emma :)