Chapter 16

Carl and I broke up.

He would never pay attention to me anymore, and was always with that one girl.

Enid, I think?

Whatever.

I didn't care anymore... his loss, right?

I trotted after Daryl, meeting up with Rick and Carol.

"It's gone isn't it?" I asked, eyes darting down to the blender where Rick hid a gun a really, really long time ago.

The thing is, I remember when he hid the gun. Alexandria wasn't here.

Rick nodded. "I think they got ahold of it."

I hear a crunch, and Carol whips around and shoots the walker through the head.

"Is that a 'w'?" I asked, approaching the fallen walker.

"Yeah," Daryl answers.

***

We just walked back into Alexandria when Jesse walked up.

I shifted from foot to foot, cool and unconcerned.

"Are you guys coming to the party tonight?" She asked.

Daryl shook his head while I shrugged, and Carol and Rick nodded.

"I'm going to bake cookies," Carol added, smiling sweetly.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "I'm going out," I muttered, turning into a wolf and bounding towards the gates.

I hear soft pawsteps near my ear and I turn it before turning my head to see Daryl.

"I'm gonna tag along," He grumbled, eyes flashing.

I said nothing as I put my nose to the ground and started padding through the woods.

"Where are you going?" Daryl asked, matching my pace.

"Away from Alexandria," I sighed, flattening my ears and coming along a clearing.

"Well, I'm gonna go and see if I can find anything." Daryl said before he loped off.

I snorted, settling down and tucking my paws under my chest.

***

I walked back into Alexandria, claws clicking on the pavement. .

I turned human and slipped into the house where the party was happening.

"Good to see you here, Emma." Rick said, flashing me a smile. "I only came for the food," I responded, snatching a cookie.

I ate slowly, savoring the flavor.

I slipped through the people, chewing on my lip nervously.

Some kid nearly pushed me down and I latched onto the back of his shirt, yanking him over to a wall.

My eyes flashed dangerously, and I lifted him off the ground.

"Watch where you're going, kid," I spat, letting him drop to the ground.

I could hear his heart racing, and he tried to size up to me.

I rolled my eyes, "What's your name, kid?" I growled.

"Sam, what's it to you?" He grumbled.

"Because I think I I'd like to know the names of people that piss me off," I answered, "so I know their names after I kill them." I couldn't help but smirk at him.

Sam's eyes widened, and he took a step back.

"Hey, just leave him alone, okay? He's my friend." I hear Carl's voice next to my ear.

I sighed, "Eavesdropping is rude, you know." I snapped, tensing up, "and why should I care if he's your friend?"

Carl flinched, reeling back.

I stalked out of the party, pushing people out of my way until I was back at the house.

I hopped up into the porch railing and leaned against a support beam.

I stared at the stars.

After a while, people began walking out of the house.

I guess the party's over...

I hear a heavy footstep on the porch beside me.

I whip around, hand on my knife.

"You had no right to threaten Sam." Rick said, shifting from foot to foot.

"I don't care." I responded, cracking my fingers.

Rick let out a sigh, "You almost ruined it for everybody. Almost everyone heard you two arguing. He's like three years younger than you!"

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "I do what I want," I muttered, hopping off the porch.

I stalked down the streets, heading for the gates.

I slipped over them, before turning into a wolf and lunging forwards, and diving into the woods.