Chapter 21

I took off running, heading towards Alexandria.

I dodged trees, glancing back every now and then and making sure Zander was following me.

I ran through the gates of Alexandria, seeing a man cutting up a resident.

I turn into a wolf, gesturing at Zander.

Don't die, I think towards him.

He nods once, before shooting at someone else.

I run up to the guy, who was rubbing blood on his forehead, and dug my teeth into his throat.

I turned human and pushed my knife through his skull.

He dropped, and I look around for familiar faces.

I take in a breath, before taking off running and checking on everyone.

There was a man with long curly hair leaning over a body, chopping into it with an axe.

He looks up when I run up, and lunges at me.

I jump out of the way, feeling the axe cut through my skin on my arm.

I flinched, slamming my fist into his stomach and he bent over to catch his breath.

I took the chance to stab my knife upwards through his skull, and he went limp.

I ran my hands through my hair, looking around again.

I see Enid duck into a house and I roll my eyes before looking for someone familiar.

I swallow, thinking.

I need to keep moving.

I hear a gunshot followed by a scream, and I turn into a wolf.

I shoot towards the sound, seeing Zander cornered by two people.

I leap at one, sinking my teeth into their throat and ripping it out.

I hear an inhuman growl, and lunch at the other one, taking him to the ground.

There's a gunshot and he goes limp, and I feel blood drip onto my fur.

I look over at Zander and nod, thanking him silently.

I turn human and look at the cut on my arm.

"We've gotta find Carol, and others. We have to help." I order, stiffening.

I start running down the street, my shoes thudding on the pavement, with Zander behind me.

I see someone in a hood walking towards me. I recognize Carol and Morgan, and I nod at them and continue walking.

"What were you doing? We could've killed them!" Zander snaps at me.

I shake my head, "I knew them. They live here. Carol and Morgan." I explain swiftly, continuing with my pace.

Suddenly someone side tackles me and I'm a wolf instantly, baring my teeth.

I growled, wrestling around with them for a bit, before pinning him to the ground and ripping out his throat.

I turn human and smash my knife through his skull, while Zander shoots someone in the head.

"You came in at just the right time," I mutter, gripping my hunting knife tightly.

Aaron creeps out, pointing a gun at us. "Aaron. What's happening?" I ask, relaxing slightly.

"I don't know, they just came in and started killing people." Aaron looked panicked.

"Where's Eric? And Maggie?" I question.

"Maggie is with Deanna outside the gates. Eric is locked in our house." Aaron explained.

"Be careful, Aaron." I start walking off, and Aaron mutters an 'I'll try.'

"How's your arm?" I ask.

Zander looks at the gash on my arm. "I could ask you the same thing."

I look at it, "It doesn't hurt."

"Mine doesn't, either."

I hear a scream, and look up with a jolt.

I then hear the gates close, and Alexandria quiets down.

I tug Zander behind me as I meet up with Carol, Morgan, and the other members of the group.

"The walkers." Morgan says.

"Did you do that today?" Maggie runs her hands through her hair.

"The truck horn attracted them." I explain a little.

Deanna stiffens, "Where's Rick and Daryl?"

"They're still in the woods." Morgan answers, and Deanna glared at him.

"And you didn't help them?"

"Everyone ran in different directions." It was my turn to answer.

"We've got to help them!" Maggie says, turning and staring at the gates.

I let out a breath and back out of the conversation, and Carl jogs up.

Before I can react, his lips are pressed to mine.