Chapter 22

I reacted instantly, kissing back as I relaxed.

I pulled away when air became necessary, staring him down.

"What was that for?" I question, a grin spreading across my face.

Carl grinned, "I missed you."

I blushed, looking around at the blood everywhere.

"Your arm?" Carl questioned, looking at the gash on my arm.

"It was one of those people." I saw someone glare at me and I look away.

Zander turns around, "Hi," he greets, cautiously, holding out his hand.

Carl ignores him and I flinch, glaring at Carl. "That was rude," I say, poking him in the stomach.

Carl rolls his eyes and juts out his hand, shaking Zander's hand firmly.

I snicker, "Yay, now everyone sort of knows each other."

Carl snorts, and I look around.

"What're we gonna do with the bodies?" I call, and Morgan looks up.

"Bury them outside the walls," he says.

Deanna glares at him, "No. Inside. It's too dangerous to even leave Alexandria anymore."

"Well. We beat them didn't we?" I challenge, glaring.

Deanna glares again, back at me, "Yes. But if there's a next time, no one knows what could happen."

"My group can fight, I don't know about your little 'community' or whatever you call it." I growl, eyes flashing.

Deanna turns away, ordering people around.

"I don't know how much longer I can put up with this." I say, turning away.

"Dad's almost got this place under his control." Carl points out,  following my footsteps.

"Rick's still out there." I mutter, glancing back towards the gates, "With Daryl and all of them."

Carl nods, "I know."

"You're not getting my point," I sigh, taking in a breath, "We don't know if they're dead or not."

Carl looks over at me, eyes narrowing. "I'm not saying they are," I shrug.

Carl glances away, and I hear someone yell. "Open the gates!" I whip around, eyes flashing.

"Was that Rick?" I ask, and Carl shrugs before we both glance at each other and take off running.

I look up at Spencer, "It's Rick!" He shouts.

I unlock the gate while Morgan tugs it open.

Rick slows to a halt while Morgan shut the gate.

I take a glance outside, and see a herd of walkers.

"I-Is that all of them?" I ask, voice small.

Rick shakes his head, "It's only half. Sasha and Abraham are still  leading the others."

I can hear them hitting the gates, their groans echoing throughout Alexandria.

I glare daggers at Rick, "Why'd you lead them here? You could've used your flare gun and led them away from Alexandria!" I snapped.

Rick looks up at me, "I had no where else to go." I swallow hard, forcing back anger.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked, changing the subject.

Rick shrugged, "I can't get any of them on the walkies. Glenn told me not to be a dumbass, and Daryl was trying to find me."