Chapter 12

We left the church. Eventually. 

We took Alex and Catherine into our group, and I became friends with them. 

Noah was here, also. 

We ran back to Georgia to get a car. Rick rushed up to a blue van (It might've been a Blazer, I'm not sure) and busted the window. He unlocked the car door from the inside and we all clambered in, while the other half of the group went for another.

We kept in touch using walkie talkies. 

Carl and I thought it would be best for us to not be in the same group. 

Just to even it out.

We parked on the side of the road, and started a fire. I sat on the open door of the van, with Rick and Noah.

"Where're you from?" Rick asked. "Virginia. I got a sister and a twin brother to go home to." Noah chuckled. 

Rick shifted, "Maybe we could head up there. Is it safe?" 

Noah nodded excitedly, "Yeah! It's got walls and everything. I hope nothing's changed there." He forced himself to calm down. 

We called it a night, and managed to pass through South Carolina by morning. 

"Are we almost there?" I asked for the ten thousandth time. 

"A few more hours." Rick answers, and I direct my attention out the window. "Can I see the walkie talkie?" I asked, holding out my hand. 

"It's on my belt." Rick said, not taking his eyes off the road.

I sighed, and stretched over the little storage compartment in between the seats, and unhooked it from his belt. 

I clicked and held down the button. "Carol?" I asked. 

"Yeah?" 

"Hi."

"Hey. Wanna talk to Carl?"

"Actually, Daryl, if you don't mind." There was silence on the line until Daryl's voice rang through the speakers. 

"Hey." He said. "How you holdin' up?" I asked, pressing my forehead against the window.

Silence.

"I'm fine," He muttered. I scoffed. "Pass the thingy to Carl." I ordered.

"Hey, Em." He said. A grin crept its way onto my face. "Hey." I responded. 

"I wish you were here." I turned around to look out the back of the van, seeing Carl peep over the seat. 

"You're literally ten feet away from me." I said. Carl laughs and shakes his head. Rick taps my shoulder.

"We gotta save the battery." 

I sighed, "Rick says that we gotta save the battery, I'll see you later?" 

Carl nodded, and handed the walkie talkie back to Carol.

I clipped it back onto Rick's belt, and fell asleep.

***

Someone gently shook my shoulders. "We're gonna go and see if Richmond is safe. Wanna tag along?" 

I nodded, rubbed my eyes, and stretched out my arms. I hopped out of the car, eyes adjusting to the sunlight. 

Rick, Glenn, Tyreese, Noah, Michonne, and I trekked through the woods, and we came upon a road. 

I noticed something up ahead on the road. 

I turned into a wolf and trotted forwards, much to the protests of Rick.