Chapter 14

Maggie and Sasha came back, with someone named Aaron.

I was in wolf form, baring my teeth.

"We've taken all his stuff," Maggie said as Daryl patted him down. They pushed Aaron to the ground, and he looked up at us.

"He wanted us to 'audition for his group'." Sasha said.

I blinked.

"I wish there was a better word," Aaron apologized, "But if you check in the front pocket of my pack, there's pictures of my communi-" Rick punched him in the face, knocking him out cold for a few minutes.

I snorted, shifting from paw to paw, waiting for something to happen.

Aaron woke up, and blinked up at Rick apologizing.

"There are fifteen foot reinforced steel walls, propped up by steel beams. No one is getting in or out except us." Aaron said.

"Us?"

"I'm with another person. We've been watching you for a while now, and our mission is to bring you back home with us." Aaron responded.

Michonne walked up to Rick, muttering a quick 'I need to talk to you'.

I turned my ears, keeping my eyes locked on Aaron.

"He's too dangerous. I think we should refuse this," Rick said.

"Passing up a place where we can live... where Judith can live... is dangerous." Michonne responded.

Aaron stared right back at me, and I narrowed my eyes.

"Do you like dog food?" I snarled, fur bushing out.

Aaron's eyes widened and he shut his mouth.

Maggie let out a soft chuckle, and I grinned mentally to myself. "I've got a big enough car for all of you."

Rick sent Michonne, Abraham, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, and Rosita to go and look for Aaron's cars that he claimed were there.

I stayed behind with Rick and Judith, and Judith was crying. Alex and Catherine were sitting in the corner awkwardly.

Rick was trying to shush her while he was smashing acorns to feed her.

"You know there's applesauce in my bag?" Aaron commented.

Rick sighed, tensing his jaw, before he grabbed the applesauce.

He shoved a spoonful towards Aaron.

Aaron started blabbering about something, before he irritatingly took a bite.

Rick nipped at the end of the spoon before he began to feed Judith.

I layed down on the floor and put my head on my paws.

I drifted into a light sleep.

Someone shook my shoulders, and I sighed before pricking my ears and stretching.

"They found it," Rick explained.

We met up with them on the road, and I took a ride with Rick.

He wanted me to help watch Aaron.

I turned human, and after a quick argument over which way to go, we took the old Cadillac.

There were a lot of walkers on the road. "Watch out!" I yelped at Glenn.

He plowed right through them, and hopped out of the car.

I pulled out my little revolver, which I rarely use, and shot a few in the head.

There was a flare, "Oh no, I can't do this!" Aaron shouted, before he ran off through the woods with Glenn after him.

My clip went out, and I tucked the gun back in my pocket before I pulled out my knife.

We all met up again.

"Can you see them?" I yelped, leaping into the air to try and see the RV the rest of the group were in.

"They're gone. they made it," Glenn said, and we ran off.

We met up with the rest of the group, and I ran up to Carl, and he wrapped his arms around me, pressing a kiss to my cheek before I tucked my arms around his neck.

"Eric!" Aaron yelped, running into the building they were staying in.

I, curiously, followed him to see who Eric was,

'Eric' was laying in a bed, his ankle wrapped up.

"Hey," Aaron ran over and kissed him.

My eyes widened, before I turned around and awkwardly walked away.

Aaron walked back in, "He's resting."

Daryl and Rick shared a glance, having a silent conversation.

"Should we put them outside? Or in a different building?" Rick asked, eyes daring anyone to challenge his orders.

"The only thing that can stop me from being away from him is someone shooting me," Aaron growled.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

Rick let out a sigh, "Alright. Go on." Aaron, obviously proud of himself, prances back into Eric's room.

***

We're on the road again, after getting our hands on the RV.

Rick was driving a car in front of us (I can't remember what it is) and the sun is out.

Noah walks back to the bed area of the RV, with Eric's medicine to help him with the pain of a broken ankle.

I was with Carl, leaning on his shoulder and his arms wrapped around me.

I felt the RV slow down, and I looked out the window.

It seems clear enough.

I slipped out of the seat, and hopped down the steps of the RV, seeing two massive gates in front of us.

Alex and Catherine followed awkwardly behind the group, not really knowing any of them.

I could hear kids laughing, and we all shared a glance full of one thing:

Hope.