Chapter 4: The Unknown

We walked off into the woods and came upon a house, with pecan trees. I turned into wolf and sniffed the ground. I smelled Carol, Lizzy, Mikah and Tyreese and Judith. I turned back into human. "Carol, Judith, Lizzy Mikah and Tyreese." I told the others. We walked along until we came upon two small graves with flowers on them. I smelled Lizzy and Mikah. "Lizzy and Mikah are under here." I said. "So they're dead?" Carl asked. I nodded. Rick winced and walked on. "Judith is alive though." I said. Ricks head jerked around. "How do you know?" He growled. I held my head high. "Her scent is fresh. If we pick up the pace, we could be able to catch up to them." I responded. Rick nodded and began to walk faster. "Lead us. You can tell us where to go." Rick said, signaling towards the front. I dipped my head and walked to the front. 

I stumbled through the bushes and the group tumbled after me. I caught a glimpse of grey hair and I was pinned against the tree. "Carol." I said. Carol gasped and backed off of me. "Emma, I'm so sorry." She said. "It's okay. Where are the others?" I asked. She jerked her head around and the whole group followed me. 

We all sat around a fire. Turns out that Carol and Tyreese and Judith were heading for Terminus. We all told them what happened and I came up with a solution. "I know why they wanted to keep us alive," I said. "Why?" Carl asked. Destiny scooted closer to him and he shuddered. I grinned. "They were gonna eat us." I exclaimed. "So, Destiny," Carol began, "tell us about yourself." Carol said. "Well, I'm 14. I went to LCS before all this happened. I'm also a weredog. I can turn into a white pittbull. I hate Emma." -I grinned when she said that- "I'm single. I had an ex named Riley. We broke up and I got into a lot of emotional shit. LCS is gone now, overrun. My family is dead." She finished. "Emma, we never really got to know about you very much." Daryl spoke up for the first time. "Well, I'm 13. I'm a werewolf. I turn into a black wolf with a white chest, eartips and tailtip. I had a little sister. My family is gone. I also went to LCS." I finished. "So you went to m-" I cut her off. "You were that bitch that threatened me all the time during P.E.!" I growled. "So I'm the bitch now? You're a bitch cause you're a female dog." She growled. I laughed. "You really need to pay attention. Only female dogs are bitches. I'm a wolf. Looks like you're the bitch in this one." I retorted. Destiny glared at me and looked away. "I had a best friend. Rebecca was her name. They were all lost when the school went to Washington D.C.. Zach was on that trip too. All my friends were on that damn bus. They're all gone now. I think so. I need to get up there to see." I broke down and started crying. "Gracie Smith. She went to Tryon, my old school. I'm from North Carolina in case you didn't know. We need to go there because she was like my sister." More tears started spilling over and Carl stood up from his seat and sat down next to me. "You okay?" He asked. I shook my head. " i miss them soo much." I growled and wiped away the tears. 

We had travelled to North Carolina. I turned into a wolf and began running to the direction of her house. Stay here. I pushed the thought into everyones minds. I skidded to a halt infront of her house. I turned back into human and opened the sliding glass door. "Hello?" I called out. "Emma?" Came the muffled response. "Yeah its me." I answered. Gracie came out of her room. "Emma. I can't find my brothers. Mom and Dad are dead." She whispered, running up to me. I hugged her. "Maddy's dead, Pawpaw's dead, Mom's dead. They're all gone. I found a new group. They helped me find you. We can go with them." I told her. She nodded and we both walked out. We began to run to where the group was. "Okay, next stop, D.C." I said and we walked off. 

*1 week later*

We walked into the city and I turned into a wolf. I put my nose to the ground. I was actually surprised to see not many walkers around. Gracie was a werewolf also. She was a sandy brown wolf with white paws. "The undead don't go for wolves. You guys stay here." I told the group. Me and Gracie began running off. We came upon a bright red bus. I rammed into the doors and the busted open after a few hits. I heard crying. I turned human and Gracie followed me. "Hello?" I called out. "Emma?" A voice called. "Becca?" I answered. Rebecca slunk out from behind a seat. I noticed blood pouring out of her arm. "What is that?" I asked. I ran up to her. She moved her hand to reveal a bite mark. "No.." I whispered. I pulled her into a hug. The last one that we would ever share when she was alive. Gracie and I led her back to the group. "I know she's bitten. Just let her stay with us for a while." I pleaded. Carl glanced at Rick and he nodded. I mumbled a thank you. "Emma. If this takes a turn for the worst, please do what you have to." Rebecca coughed. I felt tears spilling over. She coughed. I knew it was time. I signaled for the group to stop, and Carl handed me his gun. I cried. "Goodbye. Emma." Rebecca mumbled and her eyes closed. "Goodbye, sister." I whispered  before closing my eyes and pulling the trigger.

***

Yeah i kno its short. but i listen to music and the best song ever came on. so yeah i was jammin out while trying to make you guys cry, i actually cried myself when i wrote this. these are all real people that i know in real life, except for the group. i mean i know destiny rebecca and gracie. thanks for reading!

~Emma