Part 2: Partners

"So, after school me and you can head over to the shop and we'll make your board," he said, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Sound good?"

You nod, dusting off your uniform. "Meet at the entrance gates?" He nods, shooting a thumbs up.

With that, the both of you went your separate ways, though- there was a minute where you two shared awkward silence when you ended up walking together and ultimately ending in the same hall.

Why didn't I notice that before? You thought, watching him wave with a toothy grin before he entered the classroom beside yours.

"Oi Oi, Y/n better hurry on into class!" Your classmate yelled, slapping the doorframe as he walked in.

Narrowing your eyes at him you follow behind, sliding into your desk. The teacher finally walked in as the bells rang, your cheek resting on your palms the moment they began speaking.

You think back to the roof, a small smile making its way to your face as you recount the small promise you made with Reki.

We'll skate together from now on...

Your heart filled with excitement, waiting for the first time you two will skate, hoping to rekindle that lost passion you had two years ago.

The final bell rang, the cluster of students flooding out the entrance doors, some pushing and shoving, others huddling into groups to walk to club together. You frowned when someone pushed past you, glaring at the back of their head and watching goosebumps rise onto their necks before turning around and apologizing.

Wow, if only more people were like that.

"You ready to go?"

The screech that falls past your lips draws the attention of students around you, Reki letting out a small laugh before he tugged your shirt sleeve, leading you away from the school.

Why isn't he letting go? Why isn't he letting go? Why isn't he letting go?

"So what size was your board before... you know?" He asked, looking at you.

"Uh, eight I'm pretty sure?"

"The wheels?"

"Fifty-three."

"Color?"

"Red and black."

The back and forth questioning and answering continued the whole way there, walking in sync with his hand still holding your uniform sleeve. The bell on the door jingles, a small fox on the counter jumping on the man who leaned on it.

"Oya? This your partner Reki?" He says sweetly, a condescending smile on his face.

"Eh, partner!?" He stood still after his outburst, face erupting in heat, a blush rising from his neck- all the way to the tips of his ears. He jolted suddenly, moving away from you as he rubbed his neck with a loud laugh. "No, no! They're a friend from school! We're gonna go make a board. I'll be back!" He yells, grabbing your hand yet again.

What did that guy mean by partner?

Like...lab partner? ...I don't have science class with Reki...

"Alright, Y/n! Let's get this show on the road!" He exclaimed, flipping through the multitude of decks lining the walls. "Red and Black..." he mumbled, picking up a deck. "Like this one?" He asks, turning his head towards you.

You hum, walking beside him and tracing the outline of the design. "I really like it, Reki."

He glanced at you, cheeks dusting with pink. "Yeah..."

_____________
A/n: yes, the design up top is your board design! I hope you like it <3 the kanji is love in japanese! And the koi don't really mean anything necessarily, I just really like them.