Our Infinity

warnings; events of episode 12, death mention.

Something tugs against your shirt, lifting you from the ground

Something tugs against your shirt, lifting you from the ground. When did you even fall? Kojiro's green hair seeps into your vision when you raise your head, saying something you can't hear.

"Langa. Langa, is Langa dead?" You couldn't recognize your voice when you spoke. You hadn't even realized you said something in the first place. "Where?"

Kojiro shakes his head frantically the moment your words register in his head. He's facing you away from the screen, constantly looking back between it and you. How his eyes go to yours and then avert themselves immediately makes you believe it's happened.

The cheers that erupt not even a second later make you jump, Kojiros hands resting firmly on your shoulders as an anchor to let you know he was still there even in your panicked state. "What's happening?"

"Langa's fine." He says, "I'm gonna turn you around so you can see the screen, okay?" You nod once.

The moment your eyes lift to the screen, you see Langa cascading the steep hill rapidly, dodging and maneuvering around whatever was in front of him with ease. As he does this, there's a smile on his face, and it makes you question his awareness.

Reki rushes to your side when he looks back, hugging you tightly enough to make you stumble back, rambling about how cool it'd be to go down that hill.

When he felt your glare, he pulled his head back with a wide grin, "I warned you this time, right?"

"Jump off a cliff without warning me, and I'm breaking up with you."

He laughs when you roll your eyes at him, pressing a sloppy kiss to your cheek when you slap at his arm. "You'd better not."

"No promises."

By now, Langa and Adam's argument had ended, Adam doing the unthinkable (as always) and aiming to strike at Langa. Your heart tightened when langa fell to the ground, hand searching for Reki's.

Miya clenched his jaw from beside you, moving back to run somewhere. "Hold it!" Reki said, keeping his eyes on the screen.

"But Langa—"

"He'll get up." He interjects, tightening his hold on your hand just the slightest. "He'll get up."

Someone shouts out, "Snow's moving again!" The second Langa moves an inch, followed by miscellaneous cheers.

The course of the race shifted the moment Langa handed Adam's board to him, a soft smile on his face, warm and inviting. Rage, and a bit of malice, still enveloped Adam, but he took the board regardless.

It's a funny sight.

"Those two really are on another level." Shadow mumbled, a hint of jealousy in his tone.

Miya looks up at the screen. Slight worry still etched on his face. "It's way too reckless, but,"

From beside you, Reki puffs up in excitement, squeezing your hand gently. "He looks like he's having fun!"

An ollie over a log sends Adam ahead of Langa. People cheering for both parties to finish ahead of the other. Reki tugs on your arm when they get further ahead, never letting go of your hand as he runs the both of you up to the finish line. He shouts Langa's name as he nears the line, waiting anxiously to see who would win.

Langa pulls forward at the last second, giving a wide grin as he sends all three of you down with a tackle.

"Reki, Y/n, Did i win?" he asks, a dazed expression on his face.

"You won. You won!" Reki exclaimed, "It was awesome. I was so impressed!"

Langa turns to you now, apologizing quietly for tackling you. "Y/n did you–" his sentence is cut off when you throw your arms around him. He lets out a sigh when he wraps his arms around you, "Sorry if i made you worry."

"I'm just glad you're okay," you murmur, tugging Reki into the hug. "You two are still idiots though."

"Jeez," A new voice cuts in. Kojiro and the others saunter towards you three, grins on their faces. "You really did it. You really are something."

Kaoru smiles, "You beat us to it."

"I'll call you 'the hero' just for today." Miya grins, holding his arms behind his back.

"I'm gonna drink till i puke!" Shadow exclaims, seemingly forgetting he's in pain.

As you move to stand next to Kaoru, the others jump onto Langa, hugging him tightly until they're a pile of laughter on the ground.

A/n: this is a hot mess, I apologize. But,
ONE MORE CHAPTER 🤭