King vs Nobody

warnings: Adam's actions in episode 11, cursing (like 1) Should be it really, if there's something else please do not hesitate to tell me.

Adam sends off quickly the moment the buzzer goes off, leaving Reki behind

Adam sends off quickly the moment the buzzer goes off, leaving Reki behind. Cheers for Adam were heard around you, ignoring Miya and Kaoru as they pointed out Reki's speed and inability to put up a fight.

Panic flows when Adam turns the head of his board towards Reki. Seriously, you can feel your palms begin to sweat, that stupid hug bullshit now?

Reki dives headfirst into the hug, your eyes widening when Adam doesn't pull through with it, turning once more so he'd be behind Reki.

Your heart stops when Adam throws Reki off his board and into the grass, shouting a quick 'can it!' when someone commented about a "flash out victory."

Miya shouts at the screen when Reki begins to get up, lowering his head when Adam slams into Reki. He clings onto you when Adam continues his actions, tucked under your arm, looking away from every blow Reki took.

Just like he told you to do.

Langa, Kaoru, and Kojiro's eyes flicker to you multiple times as you watch, begging in their minds for you to look away from the beating your partner was taking.

"I'm fine." Your words are quick, and there's no tremble in your voice. It's genuine, they can tell that much.

"Adam won't stop until that boy is taken out." You hear from beside you. You and Langa don't bother turning to look at him, keeping your eyes on the screen.

Langa chimed in quickly, wrapping his pinky around yours. "Reki isn't going to simply go down, either."

"And your grounds are?"

"We promised."

Your heart stammers in your chest when Reki doesn't slow down at the corner, dread filling in when you look at his face.

"This idiot."

Reki leaps off the cliff with a laugh, smiling wide as he weaves through the rubble that flies his way. He looks like he's having fun, you'd hoped he was, but couldn't he have fun without giving you a heart attack?

You let out a loud sigh when he lands safely on the track again, covering your face with your hand when you receive stares.

Reki spins his board quickly once he got in front of Adam, circling his arms around the man's waist, holding on for dear life.

At the first strike, you tried to look away, lips parting as Adam kept hitting Reki over and over in the same spot. Miya gripped tightly onto your hand, cursing out when Reki didn't pull away. Langa glances in your direction, squeezing your shoulder twice.

"Reki's going to be okay," Langa tells you, looking back at the large board. "He hasn't given up yet."

Of course, you knew he was going to be okay. You didn't need anyone to tell you that.