Aftermath

warnings: Adam. Mentions vile (vomit)

Everything was going wrong

Despite Langa's hopefulness and can-do attitude, he's speechless and on his knees as you scold him. Over the phone.

"Don't tell me you're on some redemption high!" You shouted, he had to pull the phone away from his ear because of the sheer volume of your voice. "Come on, Langa, you can't be serious."

He frowns, "I'm confident I can win though."

"Just because you got the hang of things so quickly doesn't mean you're invincible. You saw what happened with Reki, aren't you afraid?" Your voice lowered significantly, Reki, who was beside you placed a hand on your knee to calm you down.

Honestly, Reki had thought of you as a last resort to stop Langa from skating against Adam. Even though he knew that Langa wouldn't listen, there was no harm in trying.

"You know I'm always careful." He answers, picking himself up from his position on the floor. "I know that you're looking out for me by telling me this, and I know that I'm stubborn and don't think, but I've thought about it already. I'm doing it."

You shake your head when Reki raises a brow, placing your hand over his when he looks down. "Langa—"

"I've got to go, I'll see you later." He hangs up abruptly, not giving you any time to protest or say goodbye back.

You toss your phone beside you with a sigh, great job picking friends Y/n, reckless idiots. "There's nothing we can do about this, Reki." You mutter, rubbing your face with your unoccupied hand. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize." He whispers, letting his head rest on your shoulder. "I just have this feeling that something bad is going to happen. Now I know how you felt huh?" He lets out a sad chuckle at the end of his sentence, tucking his head further into your neck.

Sighing at his words, of poor taste, your head hovers over his. "Too soon." You muttered, haphazardly wrapping your arms around him.

He lets out a shaky breath when you do, he doesn't know why he's upset by your retracted hand, you hugging him was far more than just a handhold.

At S you stand next to Shadow, there's an obvious anxious expression painted on your face. He lets you mess with his laser pointer.

"Maybe if Langa uses this on Adam he'll crash into a wall." You muttered, clicking the on button rapidly. "This is pretty amusing."

Shadow swats your hand, "You're going to waste the battery." He crosses his arms when you grumble and curse under your breath, "I'm surprised you're even here."

"As long as that creep doesn't come near me I'll be fine."

"Talking about me, dear?" You jolt at the voice behind you, swinging your fist quickly from shock. The person catches it with ease. "Violence is never the answer."

"It is when it comes to you." You snap, snatching your hand back. "You of all people have no right to say that." He hums, shrugging a shoulder before walking away. The wink he sends you has vile creeping up your throat.

Reki stalks over to you, fingers lazily grasping onto yours. He sends a wary glance in Langa's direction, he assumes he'd understood when he nodded his head. "You okay?" He asks, tugging at your hand.

Your fingers slide between his, and Reki tries not to become flustered. "Yeah, I'm alright." He can tell you're lying but he'll ask later.

Throughout the race Reki keeps your hand in his, you can feel his grip tighten whenever Adam gets too close, or when Langa makes a risky move. When Langa dodged the love hug, his grip was harsh, you're sure your hand was going to be bruised.

Reki let go of your hand the minute the police car showed up. "Shit. Y/n, you need to go." He backpedals to the moped, keeping his eyes on you. "Text me when you get home!"

Miya and Shadow push you into the car before you could reply.

Reki hasn't responded to your text in over thirty minutes.

"Come on, pick up." You mumbled to yourself, pacing around your room. You got restless after getting no response. The line clicks suddenly, heavy breaths coming from the other end. "Reki! Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He wheezes out, "I'm outside your house." A look of surprise comes to your face at his words, peeking through your window to see if he was telling the truth.

He was.

Reki sighs loudly as he falls on your bed, he's made himself comfortable, "Your grandma doesn't mind me staying over right?"

"Long as your mom is okay with it she doesn't care." You reply, grabbing spare shorts for him to wear. "I'm sure if you'd asked her to move in she'd say yes."

He hums. "I'll keep that in mind." He laughs when you throw the shorts at his face, standing up to change when you bury your head into your pillow. Once he's done he falls onto your bed again, kicking the sheets over him. "I think Langa's going to stay away from Adam now."

"What makes you so sure?" You ask, turning your body to face him. "You know how he is."

He stares up at your ceiling, "I know but," he rubs his face between his hands. "He promised he wouldn't."

Sighing at his response you reached over him to shut off the lamp, punching his chest when you went to lay back down. "We'll see about that." He turns to face you now, staring at you with a frown. You slap at his face gently, pinching his cheek when his frown deepened. "Goodnight, Reki."

He grumbled under his breath when your head bumped against his chest, tugging off his headband and setting it behind him. His arm wraps around your waist, gently pulling you closer.

Best friends cuddle all the time.

Right?

A/n: ignore the title, I had no idea what to call it!I'm enjoying putting in moments of touch, coming from someone who can't decide if they're touch-repulsed or touch-starved

I'm enjoying putting in moments of touch, coming from someone who can't decide if they're touch-repulsed or touch-starved. :|

I'm going to make the beach episode so long. So be prepared for that ig. (This chapter was 988 words or so) I just need to decide what I'm actually going to do with it...

I'm also going to make a filler with Miya, I've thought of the title already.