Filler; Miya and Y/n's day out

a/n; this is just miya and y/n! the others are mentioned but don't appear. brief abuela moment at the end!

"Do you want to go to a cat cafe?" You asked suddenly, nudging Miya's shoulder

"Do you want to go to a cat cafe?" You asked suddenly, nudging Miya's shoulder. "My treat, of course."

He bites his tongue to keep himself from answering too enthusiastically. "Sure, if you're paying."

He finds himself waiting for you on a bench outside said cafe, he can barely hold in his excitement when he catches a glimpse of a cat in one of the circular windows displaying the inside. He checks his phone twice for any texts or calls from you, murmuring in anticipation when he receives an 'around the corner!' text.

"Sorry, Miya!" You heaved out, resting your hands on your knees as you catch your breath. "Some guy held me up." It was Kojiro, he wanted to tag along, you promised you'd go another day. "Sorry, if you were waiting long."

Miya only shakes his head, pushing you towards the door. "It's fine."

"You know I'm starting to think you're using me for my money, and the free access to cats."

"What? That's ridiculous." He says, reaching for the wallet-shaped item in your pocket. "I would never do such a thing."

Swatting his hand away with a laugh, you turned to the man at the front counter. Miya has his back towards you, his eyes are dead focused on a cream-colored cat stalking around. He wants to pet it.

"Here's a ticket voucher for one free drink, please enjoy!" The man exclaimed, gesturing to the wide doors that separated the registers to the main lobby.

"Thank you." You called back, struggling to put back your change as Miya dragged you to the doors. "Okay, I'll get the drinks, what do you want?"

"Vanilla milkshake." He answers quickly, beelining for the fluffy cream cat from before.

There's an amused expression on your face when the cat stalks forward to meet him in the middle, snapping a quick photo when he holds the cat up to his face.

You look down when a cat nudges against your calf, fawning when it purrs and holds its head up to look at you. Squatting down to pet it, you coo, eliciting a meow from it.

You ignored the camera shutter and quiet curse from beside you.

Miya decides to leave when the sun sets, sipping on the half-drunken vanilla shake he got. Despite this being the first time you two have hung out together, alone, there's a serene silence that accompanies you. You'd expected at least a bit of awkwardness really, but there hasn't been any.

"When you first met Reki and Langa, what was your first impression of them?" He asks suddenly, you can tell from his face he means nothing more than genuine curiosity.

You hum, "I didn't like Reki much at first, he was too ambitious for my liking." Miya laughs quietly at your answer, "With Langa, it was pretty normal. I didn't have anything against him, I mean. They were my first friends for a while, I pushed everyone else out so it was hard to get used to it again."

Miya keeps his lowered eyes on the sidewalk.

"But I'm glad I'm opening up again, it's really no fun being alone." You nudge his shoulder when he gets too quiet, bringing your hand up to his head. "And now that we're somewhat friends, you're gonna have a hard time getting rid of me."

He knocks your hand off when you ruffle his hair, frowning from the way his hair stood up in his shadow. "If you take me to more cat cafes, I wouldn't mind your presence."

"Is that so?" You laugh, shoving your hands in your pockets. "I don't mind that. As long as I get to spend more time with you we could go to every cat cafe in Japan."

He turns his head away from you to hide the embarrassment written on his face. "Save that talk for Reki."

"What's that mean?" You ask, tilting your head in confusion.

Miya sighs. Shadow was right, you are clueless. "Nothing."

You continue the walk in silence, it's comforting. Miya's shoulder bumps against yours while you do, you don't bother to move.

He waves at you from his bedroom window, looking behind him before sticking his middle finger at you. You turn on your heel with a shake of your head, at least he feels comfortable enough to do that.

"Welcome home," Abuela says, stirring a pot on the stove. "Did you have fun?"

You drop the bag you had in your hands on the counter, walking around it to press a kiss on her cheek. "Lots. I think we're gonna get along."

She hums with a smile, patting your hands before continuing to work.

A calm day was a success in your book. Who knew what was in store for tomorrow.

A/n: I rewrote this like four times and this is the only one I really enjoyed

Chapter 12 "the beach episode" will be up by the end of the month, probably. i don't have a set day... that's not what it's called btw I'm still thinking !

see you <3