Part 5: Delivery gone wrong

Warnings: cursing & caps (just in case) not really proofread so might be some errors!

Reki: yo y/n! Reki: meet @ dope sketch b4 midnight Y/n: for what? Reki: ??? Deliver the board???Reki: did you not want to come?Y/n: thought it was gonna be in and outY/n: but ok, yeah I'll goReki: cool!! c u there!

Reki: yo y/n!
Reki: meet @ dope sketch b4 midnight
Y/n: for what?
Reki: ??? Deliver the board???
Reki: did you not want to come?
Y/n: thought it was gonna be in and out
Y/n: but ok, yeah I'll go
Reki: cool!! c u there!

Midnight struck and as you stood outside of dope sketch, you heard a faint rustle from inside, followed by a loud honk from the other side of the building.

"Hold it! We gotta wait for y/n." You heard as you turned the corner. "There you are!"

You waved, dropping your board onto the ground before getting on. "M'just gonna tail you," You said tying a rope to the underside of the moped, "for as long as I can, I guess."

"Is that safe?" Langa asked, glancing at you.

"Probably not, but I've done it before. No worries, langa."

He drove incredibly slow at first, even despite your constant reassurance and Reki's shouts about how the delivery is going to be late. Eventually, he did go faster, ignoring your chants to go even faster.

The blinding lights on the gates of S came into view at the base of the hill, a nervous feeling bubbling in your stomach as skaters rode past the three of you. Whether it be from the whispers you couldn't hear or the unsettling feeling of being watched whenever you'd enter the gates.

Nearly a year passed and you still couldn't get rid of the nausea you felt after you won your first beef.

The tires screeched in front of you, the bike coming to a stop barely giving you enough time to swerve out of the way. Langa looks up, a quick, "Sorry." coming from him.

Reki hopped off, "Sorry for the wait, I'm from dope sketch-" Sentence barely finished the customer snags the case from his hand, "Finally! I've been waiting on my new deck!" he cast a glance at his girlfriend, "I put your name on it."

She knelt beside him, fist clenched together in excitement. "You didn't!"

Their excitement turned to shock (along with Reki) when the board was revealed, the guy's hands shaking as he lifted it from the case. "What's this scrap? Where's my board!?" He yelled, "there's no way I can race with a shabby ass board like this!" He finished, throwing the board to the side.

Reki snapped forward at his insult, the guy stepping back slightly. "Wh-What do you want?" He stuttered, clenching his fist. "You got something to bitch about!?"

Reki bit his tongue, bowing down at the guy. "I'm sorry, I can go get your board!"

"There's no way you'd make it in time." A new voice said, the familiar rattling of chains filling your ears. "It starts at midnight."