New Beginnings

a/n: a bit everywhere, terrible skips. 855 words or so.

warnings: only a few curse words near the end.

With a gloomy expression, or rather a defeated one, Langa makes his way over to you two, freezing in his place when he sees Reki's body over yours

With a gloomy expression, or rather a defeated one, Langa makes his way over to you two, freezing in his place when he sees Reki's body over yours. Should I? Are they? Are. They. No, we're in a park. Do they care?  Are they? The internal conflict in his mind lasted long enough, now you and Reki stood on either side of him.

"Man, did you bomb another interview?" Reki asks, leaning slightly to glimpse at Langa's phone. "You should really talk more, that's probably it." He says, stretching Langa's cheeks.

"Not an interview." He says through stretched cheeks.

Reki's eyes widened before he checked again, "Just the resume? What are you putting on that thing anyway?" A single glance at it is enough to see all the information scribbled out in barely legible handwriting. "Man, do you want me to fill these out for you?"

Langa shakes his head, "What would I say when there's writing involved."

"Well, I guess there's no choice." Reki says, a determined look on his face.

-

"We're begging you!"

The Dope Sketch manager sports an exasperated look when the two boys shout, muttering to himself before he caves in.

"I'll talk to the owner." He says, immediately following up with, "That doesn't mean you'll get the job." When they perked up. He turns to you when Reki and Langa begin talking, "Do you need a job too?" He asks quietly, not wanting to stir Reki on.

"No, no. I'm okay, thank you. I've got one already." Not entirely a lie, you'd asked Kojiro for a job at the restaurant a few days after you'd had dinner since he'd been complaining about not having enough people to bus the tables. He said he'd think about it.

Back at the park, Langa prepares himself to do an ollie, two water bottles placed together in front of him, and there's a determined look on his face. Reki skates around in a triangular formation waiting for Langa to go, glancing over at you and pretending he wasn't when you catch him.

It's only minutes later when you're being dragged to Reki's house.

You situate yourself on Reki's bed fully under his covers, much to his dismay, and Langa stares at you questionably but doesn't say anything.

"Don't get too comfortable." He grumbled, reaching his hand over to flick your forehead. He rolls his eyes when you pull his blankets over your head, watching with heated cheeks while you tuck yourself close.

His mother comes in when his youngest sister runs out, scolding him for not telling her he's brought you two over.

You miss the wink she gives Reki when she sees you in his bed. Zoning out for the majority of their conversation and Reki's oddly comforting bed, it's no surprise your eyes started to drop.

"Y/n."

No response.

"Y/n." Reki tries again louder, but still no response.

"Y/n!" He shouts, barely dodging your head when you jolted awake. "You fell asleep. I would've let you sleep here but I don't know what your grandma would say." He whispered.

Your eyes widen when you see the time, "Shit. Shit, I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"It's fine." He assures, resting his hand on your arm. "Langa's already left, let's get you home before your grandma gets worried."

It's quiet while you walk, random cars are passing by but the noise leaves just as fast as it comes.

"You didn't have to walk me home, you know." You mumble, keeping your head down when you feel his eyes on you.

Everything's been steady with Reki. Ever since you'd told him about the accident though, you've felt a shift change. Like he was always trying to protect you.

"I know." He says, "But my mom raised me right."

There's a brief pause while you take in what he's said, the silence falling when you let out a chuckle. "Is that right?" Your hand raises to your mouth when you feel his stare burn harder, nudging him with your elbow you whisper,  "Did your mom also tell you to participate in illegal skating?"

There's a fiery blush that takes over his face at your words, sweat drops lining his forehead as he looks for an excuse. "Well... you know— you know! Does your grandma know, hm?" He tried.

He fails. "Yeah, she does. I kinda had to tell her, plus you can't hide anything from that woman." His shoulders dropped at your agreement, dramatically falling to his knees to wallow.

His hands grab at you from his position, from afar it looks bad but if you're close enough, it's harmless. From the way you're laughing at him while your hands are holding his when you struggle to lift him.

It's a comforting sight really. Two teens laughing like it was their own world. Looking at each other like they were theirs.

When Reki stops to take a breath his heart stops in his chest. You're kneeling in front of him, head barely resting against his shoulder, while your hands are locked with his.

Reki feels like his heart is about to explode.

A/n; happy one year to loverboy! I didn't mean to make it last for this long really, but I also did this on a whim with no prior planning much like my other series

A/n; happy one year to loverboy! I didn't mean to make it last for this long really, but I also did this on a whim with no prior planning much like my other series. But it'll get done hopefully!

Thank you for reading! <3