Drifting

Warnings: violence (fighting) nearing the end, cursing.

The classroom was nearly empty when you arrived, with only a few girls being in there, and a couple of guys loitering near the windows and doors

The classroom was nearly empty when you arrived, with only a few girls being in there, and a couple of guys loitering near the windows and doors. You shrink into your desk when the girls approach you, groaning quietly when they surround you.

"Can I help you?" You asked after a moment, were they trying to intimidate you by looming over you?

"We heard you went on a vacation with Langa." One girl says, slamming her hands on your desk. "Why's that?"

You deadpan, "Cause we're friends, why else? There were six other people with us, it wasn't even what you think it was." She rolls her eyes, "Reki was even there, cause we're friends."

"Nobody cares about Reki, y/n." She sneers, the other girls nodding along. "Well, maybe other than you. So desperate for a friend you just had to go for him." She laughs at her own words loudly, obnoxiously.

You stand from your desk abruptly, pushing your chair back into the other desk behind you. "And you're any better? You've never spoken to me before but the minute I become friends with Langa you're riding my ass, why's that?" You ask, tilting your head. When she looks to the side you snap your fingers in front of her face, making her look at you. "It's obvious you're desperate, even more so than me."

She scoffs, struggling to find other words to say. She walks off with a frustrated whine, stomping her foot on the ground. Yeesh.

The door slides open with a snap, Reki excitedly yelling as he walks over to you with wide arms. "Yo! Ah- is something wrong?" He asks, looking at your irritated face.

"It's nothing! Just a pesky bug!" You answer, snorting when you hear a bang on a desk. Langa reaches his hand out for a dap, smiling when you finish it and ruffle his hair.

"You seem to be in a good mood." He says, slapping Reki on the back when he went to hug you. "Did something happen?"

You shake your head, wrapping your arms around Reki's waist. "Nope. Is it really that odd?" He shrugs, going to his seat. "You're awfully touchy lately." He frowns. "It's not a bad thing, it's just different."

He nods slowly, pinching your chin before walking away. "By the way do you want me and Langa to drop by your house tonight?"

You shake your head, "I'm going with Kojiro after work." He nods his head, waving to you as he goes to his seat.

"We're gonna be late!" You shout, pounding your fist on Kojiro's bedroom door. "I didn't know it took so long to get shirtless and put a jacket on." He grumbles under his breath as he opens the door, tugging on his pants.

"What's the rush huh," he huffs, snatching his board from the front door. "Excited to see your boyfriend or something?" Kaoru, who you failed to even notice was standing outside the door, snorts at Kojiro's comment.