Prologue

"S H E' L L N E V E R K N O W
H O W S T R O N G S H E R E A L L Y I S"

***

For you, anything for you
_______________
Cimmerian (adj.) Very dark. Gloomy.

••••••
River Rose

Fragile, everything and everyone is so fucking fragile when you think of it. All my life I've witnessed how fast a bullet can kill you. It takes seconds and you are dead.

I've lived in fear of being broken, of snapping like a branch falling off a tree. I can no longer be afraid. I'm a mother now, I'm 16 and I've made too many mistakes to count — but Oakley? My son isn't one of them.

Beauty is not always a blessing, in my case...it is my biggest curse. What I would give to be ignored instead of attracting the attention of my foster brothers and father...

Dangerous people are gonna want to destroy me, to destroy him. His own blood will want him dead because his father will be 6-feet under in a few months time and it'll be my fault.

They can try to bring me down, they can try to prevent me from finding my real family. They'll never succeed because I have my hope and salvation in my arms right now, his soft cries will be their undoing because I'll destroy anyone who dares cross him.

Poisonous acts may tarnish my soul, but roses and hope will grow in my heart because Oakley...he is my home.

So bring it on, do your best to bring me down because you'll find it very fucking hard. I'll soon have my family to protect me and my enemies are strong but I'm far stronger because...

You can't run from lightning and honey? I'm a fucking thunderstorm.

A/N

Hey guys!
Thank you all for reading this story, if you haven't read my other book 'Aurora' yet go check it out!

I love you all and I hope you like the next chapters, I promise they'll be good.

Thank you again for giving this story a try!