14

" S H E L O S T A P A R T O F
H E R S E L F S H E' L L  N E V E R G E T
B A C K "

Breaking Point
_________
Desiderium (n.)
An ardent longing, as for something lost.

••••••
Noah

I grunt as the fucktard escorting me back to the others throws me to the ground in front of Maverick. I don't even get to catch myself before my face meets the wooden floors.

I scramble up quick and look around to check on the guys, they don't have any more injuries than the ones they had before Xander led us to the room.

Nik looks pleadingly into my eyes so I confirm that his daughter is alright. I nod slightly, it isn't exactly a lie but not the truth either. Rosey is as fine as she can be with everything happening but she's not emotionally okay and we all know it.

I groan as I sit up as fast as I can manage with my wrists bound with cuffs in front of me. Mal somehow managed to do the job River expected him to, all their ropes are cut from the floor and only the cuffs are left to take off.

I notice the guard who was watching them dead on the ground beside the couch, unfortunately the one behind me sees him at the same time.

He pulls out a gun and I turn around fast kicking his feet of the ground. As soon as he hits the floor Mal impales his chest with the knife and I cover his mouth so his screams don't alert the others.

"I got the keys" I whisper and Mav's eyes light up

I get to work with the keys River got from Xander, once all our cuffs are on the floor Nikolai tends to both his son's injuries in a rush.

We grab the guns from the dead guards and quickly but silently open the door into the hallway. Rosey is with Xander on the further door from us an a couple of guards are perched outside.

Mal motions for us to stay back as he grabs two knives and with enviable precision throws them until they impale themselves simultaneously on both their carotids. The guards slump to the floor with a thud just as we hear a scream.

Rosey's scream

We all act immediately and sprint towards the end of the hall, I push the door to open it out it won't budge. Nikolai pushes me out of the way as another scream rings in our ears.

He kicks the door over and over until the locks break and the door falls off its hinges. We enter into the room, weapons raised in front of us. My blood runs cold and an awful feeling settles in my gut as I take in what my eyes are seeing.

My Rosey, my little Rosey is laying on the floor...barely conscious and the monster behind her holds a bloodied belt on his hands. River's abdomen has three, long and bloodied lashes up the side of it — reaching her chest.

I can't imagine the strength he must have used to rip the skin in three strikes. I feel rage flowing through every fiber in my body, I want to peel the skin off of Xander's face but I can't.

I quickly lean down beside Rosey and place her head on my lap, she's breathing heavily and her eyes are hazy. Nikolai kneels on her other side snd starts pressing on the wounds to check the severity on them, making River whimper.