3

Fights
_____________
Nyctinasty (n.)
The movement of leaves or petals in response to the darkness; the closing of a flower at night.

••••••
River Autumn Rose

Adrenaline runs through my veins, I feel beads of sweat coating my forehead and back. I haven't even thrown the first punch but it's so hot in here.

I spot Valenciano in one of the VIP tables, Summer is with him dressed in a very revealing attire. I think she's gonna fight after me so she definitely has to change.

I also see the men from a few minutes ago pushing their way to the front tables. There's some seats but mostly tables for the big gang leaders and wealthy people, if you are in one of those, waiters are always bringing you drinks and food.

I see them seat on the table, worry clearly etched in their expressions but why? And why did they seem so familiar. The referee motions for us to start and the crowd erupts in cheers.

I forget everything and everyone around me, the music is blaring loudly but I don't hear it. All I focus on is my opponent. 'Beat him to bloody pulp or Oakley suffers the consequences' Valenciano warned.

I have to destroy this man. For Oak. Everything for my son. So I built up my anger, I think of every single thing that has made me who I am, every person who broke me and carved deep wounds in my soul I don't think I'll ever heal.

I think of him. Him who hurt me the most, who took something that didn't belong to him and tried to take what matters the most. Him who I had to kill, before he killed me...after he did an unspeakable thing.

Dante, my opponent, makes the first move. Key to win a fight: confidence, key to lose a fight...confidence too. It's a double bladed weapon. Dante has a confident smirk, he thinks he'll win because I'm a girl..he is using the wrong side of the card.

I on the other hand, trust my skills. I trust myself but don't overestimate my abilities nor do I underestimate his.

I easily dodge the punch, I straighten up and he doesn't have a chance to react before my fist connects with his jaw. A look of surprise passes through his face but he soon slips on his blank mask. Good, I have one too.

He elbows my side and I return the gesture with a kick to his. He grunts and throws a punch, I dodge it put he anticipated the move and already has his left fist connecting with my cheek. Another one to my stomach.

I take a step back and shake my head. I needed that, it makes me angry. I need angry. I rotate my body, jump and kick the side of his head. I take advantage of his disorientation and punch ha nose, his abdomen and bring him to his knees with a kick to the back of his legs.

He takes grab of my foot and I land on my back, it hurts the welts but I don't feel it. Numbness is my best friend today. He gets on top of me on his knees, pinning my waist with the side of his calves and I push back the memory it brings back.

I intertwine the back of my knees with his, push my pelvis up and pull on my legs so he loses stability, as soon as I do I use my arms to push both our bodies to the side and I'm now on top of him.

'Beat him to bloody pulp or Oakley suffers the consequences'

I have to do this. I take advantage of of the position and hit his cheek with all my strength. Again. Again. And again..

For Oak an all I can't give him. For not being enough for him. For being a bad fucking mother.

Punch.