6

Stabbed
_______________
Agliophobia (n.)
Fear of emotional and physical pain.

••••••
River Autumn Rose

"What do I do?" I ask Graham but he's as astonished as I am. "You should tell them" he answers. "I will but I don't know how, how do you tell a broken-hearted father that you're his long lost daughter and your brothers that they have their sister back?"

I mean yeah it sounds easy but what if they don't want me? What if I bring too many memories and pain to their lives? How will they believe me? I don't really have any proof and taking these files would get Graham in so much trouble.

"River I really don't know how to help you here, the best you can do is drop the bomb" he says and I nod

"I have school today, I'll think about how to do everything but I should get going I need to get Oak in daycare" Wait. My eyes widen

"What?" Graham asks

"Graham I can't tell them... what about Oak? I told them yesterday that he was my foster-brother how would I explain that if they want me I come on a 2x1 package!?" I say

"They are good people River I'm sure they'll understand"

"Understand what? that their little sister and daughter was irresponsible and had a son before even having a boyfriend?"

"We both know that's not the case, either way explaining or not the circumstances they are gonna love both of you with everything in them"

"I've never had to explain Oakley's existence to anyone, I mean you found out because of my state at the time but I-I don't know if I can tell the story"

"Take your time Riv, it's not something you can just blurt out, learn to trust them and everything will fall into place with time"

I nod. I guess I should just go to school and forget about everything for a while so I have a clear head later.

I thank Graham for everything and we say goodbye, I also told him I ran away earlier because they wanted to hurt Oak and he offered me to stay at his house if I needed were to sleep but I told him I already had where to stay even though it's a lie.

I didn't want to overstep, he's done so much for me already. I pay the daycare for the month and leave Oak there, they knew I was trying to wean him off or at least reduce the breast feeding to once a day tops so they were surprised when I said I'd be stopping by twice to feed him.

They gave me disapproving looks and one of the moms even try to give me a pamphlet about how to wean your child.

I make my way to school and enter the double doors already hating having come. The halls are full of loud students gossiping and play fighting each other.

I go to my locker to see what books I've got there, I usually take everything home because I use every second Oak sleeps during the day to study.

I had half of the books I need today on the locker and a notebook, I also found a protein bar and a pen. I decided to leave the bar there for emergencies another day since I have my sandwich today.

I look at my schedule to see how I'll leave to feed Oak, I have a free period in two hours which is perfect and I'm gonna have to use the lunch period to go again since I don't have any more free classes.